Help finding a BOE Letter

by HiddenPimo 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

Hello Everyone,

There was a letter that I recall that called out Parents who allow a family member to live in their home who continues to 'live a debauched life of sin' would result in a talking too by the Jdub police or even a possible committee formed.. Any help is appreciated if you can reference for me..Thanks!

HP

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

Shameless bump to the front page as I would really rally appreciate some assistance :-) Thanks...

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Atlantis is the expert on this.

Zing

• Spiral
    Spiral

I don't know anything about the letter but I do remember this being stated at the meetings.

• blondie
    blondie

Here is something that might bear on this question. It is regarding a close relative that is ill:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/202002285#h=10:0-12:494

10, 11. What will a Christian consider before allowing a disfellowshipped relative to move into the home?

10 The Watchtower addresses another situation that can arise: “What if a close relative, such as a son or a parent who does not live in the home, is disfellowshiped and subsequently wants to move back there? The family could decide what to do depending on the situation. For example, a disfellowshiped parent may be sick or no longer able to care for himself financially or physically. The Christian children have a Scriptural and moral obligation to assist. (1 Tim. 5:8) . . . What is done may depend on factors such as the parent’s true needs, his attitude and the regard the head of the household has for the spiritual welfare of the household.”​The Watchtower of September 15, 1981, pages 28-9. (For example, a disfellowshiped parent may be sick or no longer able to care for himself financially or physically. The Christian children have a Scriptural and moral obligation to assist. (1 Tim. 5:8) Perhaps it seems necessary to bring the parent into the home, temporarily or permanently. Or it may appear advisable to arrange for care where there is medical personnel but where the parent would have to be visited. What is done may depend on factors such as the parent’s true needs, his attitude and the regard the head of the household has for the spiritual welfare of the household.)

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

2010-01-21-BOE

Atlantis!
  • ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

As always Atlantis brought the baby home ! Kudos mate

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

2010-01-21-BOE is only about those in a position, not about parents in general, so don't go using it as proof of what you thought you read somewhere, HiddenPimo.

Unless there is something fairly recent that I don't know about, I don't think you will find what you are looking for.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

See page 71 or type in (disfellowshipped relative) in your PDF search window.

Atlantis!
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

From 2002 August Kingdom Ministry

Atlantis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit