This is beyond FUBAR!

by Stan Conroy 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

In the US it is illegal to boycott Israel. Still think you are free when you cannot choose who you will or will not do business with?

Check out the link:

http://www.bxa.doc.gov/news/2002/antiboycottcompliance5_14_02.htm

Here is an example of this law at work:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/business/6161002.htm

Notice the crime?

The department's Bureau of Industry and Security had charged that, in response to a request from a customer in Bahrain, Cook had furnished information stating that the goods being shipped were not of Israeli origin and did not contain Israeli materials.

and notice this too:

The antiboycott provisions bar U.S. companies from providing information about their business relationships with Israel. They also require that receipt of boycott requests be reported to the Bureau of Industry and Security, formerly known as the Bureau of Export Administration.

Somebody please help me see how this is a good thing.

Stan

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

That's dumb... how the hell do they think they can enforce a "non-boycott"?

You can't force people buy from a given vendor.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    You can't force people buy from a given vendor.

If everyone stopped buying israeli, maybe hollywood would go on strike in retaliation, along w david letterman, sienfield, new york times, nbc, abc, allen greenspawn, disney world, new york city, etc etc.

SS

• lawrence
    lawrence

Anti-Semite idiots! When I worked at Digital Equipment Corp. and designed opearting systems (RSTS, RSX, VMS), we defined the term, it was "foobar", the name of a test file, not "FUBAR." At least spell it correctly before you desire to gas more Jews! I don't agree with the Israeli policies, nor the Arab - peace will NEVER be achieved between Esau and Jacob, but don't add fuel to the fire. Please learn about love, peace, and light - obviously the JWs taught you NOTHING! Maybe this posting will... I hope so.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Wanted to get rid of a past typo (and didn't want to wait the required day), so the message was not lost... like members of my family who were lost, killed in Russia, then Poland, France, and Hungary for the same spite displayed by this posting. Genocide is NEVER a joke! Anti-Semite idiots! When I worked at Digital Equipment Corp. and designed operating systems (RSTS, RSX, VMS), we defined the term, it was "foobar", the name of a test file, not "FUBAR." At least spell it correctly before you desire to gas more Jews and Christians! I don't agree with the Israeli policies, nor the Arab policies- peace will NEVER be achieved between Esau and Jacob, but don't add fuel to the fires. Please learn about love, peace, and light - obviously the JWs taught you NOTHING! Maybe this posting will... I hope so.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hold on...acronyms, can get easily misinterpretted here.

Lawrence, I know what you are referring to.

BUT...FUBAR, stands for: F**CKED UP BEYOND ANY REASON

It was coined by metalheads, stoners etc., and there was a movie made here in Canada, called: FUBAR.

Just to get that notion out of the way, real quick.

There are many people who have opinions on many nations, mine included, and Isreal, but I would be careful before I would call someone an anti-Semite.

I hope the clarification of the acronym helps, at least, in that regard.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Lawrence: I don't follow or even see your argument.

Where is anti-semitism involved? This is about Israel, not about Jews. Whilst a lot of Israelis are Semitic in origin, many have no more 'semetic' genes than your average middle European, and many are totally secular and as Jewish in the religious sense of the word as an Englishman tends to be 'Church of England'; i.e., it's what probably gets put in a box on a form, if that, but that's as far as it goes.

You might mean anti-zionist. But for you to assume that boycotting Israel is anti-zionist you would have to show that the same action would not be taken with another country if that country were acting in the same way.

There's a good discussion of terms here;

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/antisem.html

As for the US banning the boycotting of Israel, well, that just seems an undue restriction of freedom; both the Israelis and the Palestinians are flagrant violators of human rights, and both have or have had policies that many peoiple would be perfectly justified to disagree with, and perfectly justified to ACT on those disagreements in some tangible fashion, such as a boycot.

'I disapprove of the behaviour of Israel with regard to Jewish settlements on the West Bank and their general treatment of the Palestinian people under the Sharon government, so I will not buy xyz' cannot be confused with 'I hate Jews, so I will not buy xyz'.

To do so is to mix a perfectly fair political opinion with bigotry of the worst form.

For a government to restrict freedoms in this way is very disturbing... here's a similar article;

... again, seemingly (I haven't checked the sources yet) a unwarrented intrusion into personal liberty.

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

RAYZORBLADE

As far as I gather the history of acronyms FUBAR and SNAFU they are originally very old army and telephone lineman terms. Most common FUBAR being Fouled/F****d Up Beyond All/Any Repair. One close variation is Situation Normal All Fouled/F****d Up. These terms were used to describe total failure of a system or equipment.

Mark

http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=FUBAR

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

Hi Lawrence,

Just one question:

What the hell are you talking about?

Stan

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

I have more time now, so I wanted to add a few comments about Lawrence's rant.

Anti-Semite idiots

Hello to you too.

When I worked at Digital Equipment Corp. and designed opearting systems (RSTS, RSX, VMS), we defined the term, it was "foobar", the name of a test file, not "FUBAR."

Huh? As Razorblade pointed out correctly, FUBAR is an acronym. Whatever "foobar" is, has nothing to do with this post. Perhaps before you start calling people idiots, you should figure out what's going on.

At least spell it correctly before you desire to gas more Jews!

Do you feel like an idiot now? You should, because you sure look like one.

Please learn about love, peace, and light - obviously the JWs taught you NOTHING! Maybe this posting will... I hope so.

I doubt it's possible to learn anything from a moron like you. You weren't an elder by any chance, were you?

so the message was not lost... like members of my family who were lost, killed in Russia, then Poland, France, and Hungary for the same spite displayed by this posting.

Where did I display spite in my original posting? I made no statement whatsoever directed at Jewish people. My comments were related to US policy. Then again you wouldn't have noticed that because you are too absorbed in handing out "anti-semite" labels at the drop of a hat. Does that keep you busy?

Genocide is NEVER a joke!

The only intelligent thing you have said so far.

Anti-Semite idiots

Ya, we got that the first time.

At least spell it correctly before you desire to gas more Jews and Christians

Thanks for adding Christians the second time around. I'd hate to miss anybody when I'm doing my "gassing."

Hey Lawrence, I have a suggestion. Read the post before you spout out garbage like this next time. You have accused me of being anti-semetic, and of desiring to commit genocide on Jews and Christians. Do you see how foolish you post is now?

I await your apology...

Stan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit