Did You Fully Buy the WT View of Romans 6:7 (Acquitted of Sin by Dying) ?

by Sea Breeze 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The "old personality" is from nature. The "new personality" is in fact alien, something the reptilians and joke-hova (their master) want used to enslave people, and turn them into mindless drones.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    that thereafter the general, and, in short, the eternal resurrection and judgment of all men would likewise take place."

Yes of course. That fact is brought out clearly in verses 12 & 13. What I am saying is that the bracketed portion of verse 5 is an addition to the text that does not fit or follow the line of thought presented. And the fact is, that although it is found in the Alexandrian manuscript 450 A.D., it is not in the Syriac manuscript 100 A.D., the Sinaitic manuscript 330 A.D. or the Vatican manuscript 350 A.D.

• Steel
    Steel

This is literally one of the most dangerous doctrines of the WTS. Leads to many suicides. Salvations though works and obedience to the WTS but if I can't live up to all of it, I will just kill myself. Its very similar to Islam. If I kill myself in Jihad, I will get a free trip to paradise.

I always wondered why a guard at the Nazi death camps gets a do over but I will be destroyed forever for not waiting to be a member of a special club.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Rev 20:5a is a phrase that has invited debate for centuries. Manuscript evidence is pretty much a wash as the issue was already in debate before the earliest extant manuscripts. The best suggestion recommending it's inclusion is a simple scribal error. His eyes dropped from 1000 years in one sentence to the 1000 years in the next verse. It's logical and typical of such errors. Since manuscripts are a wash, as I said, the motivation to include or exclude largely stems from the theologian's take of the book's eschatology. Almost no one comes away from the book with the same understanding. If the work is to read on it's own terms it doesn't agree with the eschatology of the WT nor mainstream Christianity. It is pretty much exactly the late 2nd temple Jewish eschatology found in sister works of the period.

The wording is a bit clumsy but it may have reflected the author's own explanatory note. Who knows?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Anyone have a WT quotation on the subject?

• Jerryh
    Jerryh

VH 7 These might be useful. They're admitting they have to take the teaching out of context for a "broad application".

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

https://beroeans.net/2012/06/21/what-type-of-death-acquits-us-of-sin/

This will help to. It also include references where the watchtower explained Romans 6:7

• Ding
    Ding

I may be wrong, but I think Fred Franz came up with that interpretation of Romans 6:7 as well as the NWT rendering that went with it.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thank you gentlemen; just what I was looking for!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit