When can I let my guard down?

by hybridous 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

When can I let my guard down?

Never..

JW`s are sneaky, under handed and deceitful, especially JW Relatives..

They won`t stop....Ever..

Outlaw is right. Teach your child to question and research everything. I make a point of not telling my child about Santa or the Tooth Fairy because if she asks me about angels/God/Satan etc i tell her they're just stories that your mums family believe.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

I don't think age is really relevant, but critical thinking skills and knowledge are. I wouldn't deny my children religious knowledge. I think the more educated someone is concerning the world's religions, the less likely they are to be taken in my any one of them. The more you know, the less you believe.

• Rhets001
    Rhets001

I'd say it depends on your kid. Always still have a talk with them before they are around the relatives. My sister's daughter spent 3 weeks with my elder father and mother and came home talking about how she wants to study the bible together. My sister at first was pissed, but then she just told my 9 year old niece that if she studies she doesn't get to celebrate Christmas and her birthday. That pretty much sealed the deal for her on never taking about being a jw again lol. However not all kids would react that way. So yeah, depends on each child.

• hybridous
    hybridous

To all folks who offered help on this, so long ago...THANK YOU!

And BTW, NO! My guard is not let down! ha.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

What age do you think that kids can stand on their own against this stuff?

I know you have got the answer from previous posts but I just have to comment also.

I was 20 when i converted to the JW religion and it wasn`t till 32 years later that I walked away from it.

Education about religion and critical thinking are the tools to prevent it from happening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit