1981 quote made my blood boil

by neat blue dog 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I just got so angry coming across this quote from the WT, shortly after Raymond Franz was disfellowshipped:

One who has been a true Christian might renounce the way of the truth, stating that he no longer considers himself to be one of Jehovah’s Witnesses or wants to be known as one. When this rare event occurs, the person is renouncing his standing as a Christian

What right do they have? Their arrogance knows no bounds! This is blatant sacrilege, stepping in the place of God (as usual) and saying who is and isn't a Christian weather they identify/live/believe that way or not! Just had to post this to get it off my chest.

• steve2
    steve2

Fundamentalists of all shades and shapes routinely equate loyalty to organised religion with loyalty to God.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

When this rare event occurs,

I had to smile when I read that ,going back over their history of approx.140 years , my estimate would be in the millions that have left the religion over that time , and no longer want to be identified as a Jehovah`s Witness./ IBSA member.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I wonder if Ray Franz ever came to this realization about the designer name invented by Rutherford:

Jehovah's Witnesses = A denominational name with not one single scriptural backing for Christians.

Christ's witnesses - Matthew 10:18; Mark 13:9; Luke 24:48; John 1:15; 5:37; John 8:18; John 15:26, 27; Acts 1:8; 9:15,16; 10:39; 10:43; 13:31; 22:15; 22:20; 23:11; 26:16; 1 Cor. 1:6; 1 Tim. 2:6, 7; 2 Tim. 1:8; 1 John 5:9; Rev. 1:9; 12:17; 17:6; 19:10; 20:4.

@ JW's - Who did Jesus say Christians were to witness for, and who did God, the prophets, and first century Christians witness for? (see highlighted citations)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@ Neat Blue Dog

One who has been a true Christian might renounce the way of the truth, stating that he no longer considers himself to be one of Jehovah’s Witnesses or wants to be known as one. When this rare event occurs, the person is renouncing his standing as a Christian

Can you reference this one for us?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This kind of writing by the Borg makes it go firmly in to the subconscious of every JW that if you have left the org you have left God and Christ.

I had to point that out to an Elder, smug bastard who never listens to what you say, he read me a Scripture from Nahum or somewhere that used the phrase " return to Jehovah", I strongly pointed out to him that the context was a plea to Israel in the Centuries B.C, so did not apply to me, and also that just because I have left his beloved Org. it does NOT mean I have left God or Christ. ( of course, later I became an Atheist).

He never returned with a further "Shepherding" visit.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

@ Vanderhoven7

*** w81 9/15 p. 23 par. 14 Disfellowshiping—How to View It ***

14 One who has been a true Christian might renounce the way of the truth, stating that he no longer considers himself to be one of Jehovah’s Witnesses or wants to be known as one. When this rare event occurs, the person is renouncing his standing as a Christian, deliberately disassociating himself from the congregation. The apostle John wrote: “They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us.”—1 John 2:19.

Even worse when they say they left Jehovah:

*** w06 9/1 p. 21 When a Loved One Leaves Jehovah ***

If you have left Jehovah, now is the best time to return.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thanks FJ

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Its as if the fearless leaders, GB, didn't like blue shirts and one of their number started wearing one. They suddenly have new light that blue shirts are hated by God, so they decree expulsion for any blue shirt wearers or blue shirt admirers.

Ray saw the BS and left, though not excoriating his fellow GB. He simply had lunch with his employer who had walked away from the Org and wham-mo! the GB makes it a crime by changing his employer's status to XJW before there was "disassociation". Ray becomes a target for expulsion for having lunch and a talk with his landlord and employer, which is weird because WT left an out of "necessary business" and violated it in this instance. They thought they had cut off the cancer of Ray's knowledge getting out. Wha, la... Crisis of Conscience. Shot themselves in the foot.

• Perry
    Perry

Yep....that's them: Judge, Jury & Executioner

(in their delusional dreams)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit