5 Ways our Lives are Better Since We Left the Jehovah's Witnesses

by KateWild 13 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild

Seaname, lol hahaha great pic hahaha xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

I was only joking Xant, I am the idiot that didn't wake up when they told me I wasn't submissive enough to be appointed. I don't really think you're lazy. You can't be if you have a wonderful daughter who has a degree, and you support so many here.

You do a great job of supporting many, and we are all grateful, And I have never seen a post in which you complain.

oh I posted this five hours ago, glad it worked xx

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

1. My time is my own. I can sleep on weekends. No evening meetings on cold nights. Besides, the way the world is, I want to be home at night.

2. I don't have to be around phony people with conditional friendships or idiots looking at me wondering what I can do for them or what I owe them....Answer: nothing.

3. I have rid my mind of their negativity and can enjoy the present.

4. My wardrobe can be more stylish.

5. I can be friends with and associate with whomever I want and can read and SAY what I want without the feeling of "what would happen if they saw or heard this". In other words, no paranoia about thought police and theocratic bullies.

I could probably think of more but I'll stop here. These are enough reminders why I'm glad I'm out of there.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread Kate! Thanks for starting it.

I agree with the comments already listed by others above.

The only other thing that I am happy about now, is that I am no longer a self-righteous prick who thinks I have been privileged to know truths that 99% of the world doesn't know....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit