Mathematical Challenges to Darwinism

by Sea Breeze 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Sea Breeze,

I firmly accept that life has evolved on Earth for billions of years. Just as I hope others respect my right to my views, you are equally entitled to hold your views.

Rather than knowing what you do not hold to, I want to know exactly what you DO accept, and the reasons. If your interest lies with spirit beings, then which version is acceptable to you?

Darwinism comes in several forms. When Darwin posed his findings, he was a giant among many. Ideas related to the development of living entities had been proposed 100 years earlier, Lamarck presented his ideas in the year that Charles Darwin was born. Even Darwin's father Erasmus was an evolutionist earlier than his son.

Science is constantly growing in knowledge and understanding. It is not static, and some of Darwin's ideas are no longer foundational to many evolutionists. I have previously explained that I, a mere graduate of the University of Life, have moved away from the gradualism espoused by the early evolutionists, including Darwin.

I have also indicated my liking for quantum mechanics, having taught semiconductor theory more than 40 years ago (along with Bohr's model of the atom).

But I keep my mind open to challenges and it now appears that the mathematics associated with black holes in the cosmos is challenging some of the precepts of quantum mechanics. (. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/escape-from-a-black-hole/ )

Accepting evolution as fact opens so many possibilities, so many mental exercises, so much freedom of thought and meaning to life. I never want to be thought of as a beton (concrete that is all mixed up and set).

Doug

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

signed a manifesto stating that they are skeptical of Darwinism.

Skepticism about a subject which is deeply complicated and not easy to understand should be expected, particularly from people who are not in the field of genetic biology.

• cofty
    cofty

Why do creationists think that clicking 'Dislike' is an adequate response to a detailed factual answer?

Coming soon - Another creationist thread consisting of a 2 hour video by somebody who knows nothing about biology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit