False memorial partakers deserve to die???

by Jofi_Wofo 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

we are all going to die--thats life.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Janitors and window washers who have the unique skill of determining if a person has been annointed by God to be a king-priest.

I think what burns people up inside like that is that as long as there is still 1 annointed on earth Armageddon won't come. So, if no one partakes they will feel like it really is the end. I am surprised the 8 Popes of New York don't just hold a Memorial for themselves and tell the rest of the organization that there is no need to have one anywhere else because they are it.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

About the only things I remember from the talk is that the speaker emphasized how much Jesus wants to "control the world, he longs to exercise control over it" (that's close to his words). Gave me the creeps. Another prayer had some mention of "the animalistic ones around us," and I was like... Jesus man, did you have to make this any weirder?

• vienne
    vienne

Someone sent me the talk outline. I did not see this in it.

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

@vienne Thanks for confirming. Do you (or anyone here) happen to know when the last time any change to the outline was made?

And now I'm actually more curious and will try to see if I can find a copy online to look at.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I heard pretty much the same exact wording. I had to sit and listen in as relatives were logged in. And being it was their home I had no choice. I am not sure about the outline, and I really do not care, but it is strange that what I heard was also heard elsewhere. At least I was able to spend much of the time watching their cat play with a piece of string.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I would like to see a bunch of exjws go to a memorial and all drink and eat. LOL and video it to put on youtube.

• waton
    waton

here we did not hear the threat of death for partaking " unworthily". The wt writers must be really nervous though, that the jws will discover, that all should partake to get the hope of life (John 6).

Partaking has absolutely nothing to do with a monopoly requirement to go to heaven.

stop the counting and let the individuals choose to partake, if they are worthy.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Is this really so surprising?

As far as the WTS is concerned, anyone who doesn't obey "God's Exclusive Earthly Organization" is deserving of death.

An unexplainable increase in emblem-takers in the Last Days contradicts their cosmology, therefore said increase must be false partakers.

Since non-anointed ones have been explicitly told not to partake of the emblems, these false partakers are therefore not obeying "God's Exclusive Earthly Organization".

Thusly, they deserve death. ()

Frankly, I'm kinda surprised the Org hasn't spelled this out sooner, but maybe they were waiting to see if the carrot worked better than the stick.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I saw a reddit post the other day where they asked everyone to fill out a zoom survey with how many people attended but they didn't ask how many people partook.

I wonder if that was the norm.

I think the JWs did more to diminish my compassion and trust of other people than all the violent video games and violent movies I had to avoid put together ever would have.

The problem is the JWs don't really think about the consequences of their "beliefs" coming true.

Millions now living will never die sounds much better than billions now living will be slaughtered and you'll be left behind to clean up. Even if those crows that seem to be bigger than they used to be do the majority of the heavy lifting, there will still be a lot of skeletons lying around for a very long time. I assume that not all JWs will make it either, so there's sure to be several people cleaning up their ex-best friend's dead body. But you mustn't feel sad, oh no. The consequences of that is you ending up right there next to them. Best to tell yourself you knew it all along and move on.

Let's not forget abandoned cities and infrastructure all over the place. Makes me wonder if they'll eventually be forbidden from archaeology because they might find something that gives them ideas.

I assume you won't be instantly made perfect after the big a, so there's sure to be some conflict and complaining. If bible history tells us anything, god rewards complaining by showing you that it can definitely get worse. Heck, Adam and Eve prove that even perfection isn't a guarantee of a satisfactory outcome.

Don't even get me started on what it would mean to literally live forever and ever and ever... Especially the JW version, an endless parade of picnics. Funny how there's always children in those pictures. According to bible history it took 8 people about what, 5000 years to pretty much fill the earth? How long will eight million, plus the resurrected take? Children will be a thing of the past in fairly short order. Oh yea the resurrected won't be having children. Hope they enjoy babysitting.

Finally, what happens if someone sins? Adam and Eve did and they were perfect so I expect it is going to happen eventually. Sooner or later they will all completely forget the past. That means they will eventually repeat it. Since god no longer has anything to prove sinners can be dealt with immediately. Will they just disappear? Will they be used as a warning? Will JWs still have to be ready to stop thinking of someone as a friend in an instant? At least with disfellowshipping you can hope they'll eventually come back. Not so when your best friend of 5 billion years decides he want's a bite of that apple. Will there be a world wide announcement? How will they spin it? So and So is no longer a member of living society. You won't know why but they will give a talk the next day about how it is wrong to eat apples so everyone will figure it out. Then everyone goes back to normal pretending so and so never existed and telling themselves just how wonderful their lives are.

This letter is brought to you by God through the earthly helper class, through the 144,000 in heaven, through Jesus (remember him?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit