Update on our son

by SheilaM 11 Replies latest jw friends

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Well, finally we received a phone call from Ant it has been TWO months since we spoke to him. His voice is so deep and he was just so happy to talk to us as we were him.

He finished the Cruicible and thought it was "a piece of cake" LOL that's my boy

For those of you that wrote him he said he that he has been getting the letters and he thanks you so much and wishes he had time to write you all back.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Maybe he should demand that his drill sergeant let him have some time off so he can take care of the letters.

( Such a proud mother... with much to be proud of! )

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Thanks I think he should do that also LOL

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Well his parents are bad ass, so I'd expect the same from him. Go Anthony!!

• teejay
    teejay

Great news, Sheila.

Not long ago on the Discovery Channel there was a program about the Crucible. It's something else if your son had the stuff to go through something like that. You must be very, very proud. You guys have done a very good job raising him to be that kind of man.

• gumby
    gumby

Ant it has been TWO months since we spoke to him.

His voice is so deep

LOL

You moms are so damn cute!

Gumby

• chester
    chester

The Crucible is the critical culminating event occurring in the 11th week of Marine Corps boot camp. It's 54 hours of trial and triumph. Referred to as the defining moment, it's when the Marine Corps drives home the core values of honor,courage, and commitment. With little sleep, less food and over 40 miles of forced marches, recruits tackle what is surely the toughest part of becoming a Marine.

Getting through that was tough. Congratulations to your son. You have something to be proud of.

• Special K
    Special K

I am happy for you all.

Best wishes and congratulations on yet another step.. to where he wants to go..

Special K

• JeffT
    JeffT

Congratulations to your son, what a tough thing to get through. Best wishes, and a heartfelt thank you to all of you.

• little witch
    little witch

Thankyou A.!!!!!!

You are heroic, and are bound to go far!!

Thankyou so much baby doll, for your service to our country, you are in my prayers daily.

Congrats, Sheila and Thunder, I know it has been hard for you both, I told you he would sail it!!!!

LOL

Love you all!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit