hmm...

by ubiquitous 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ubiquitous
    ubiquitous

ok... first off I'd like to point out that I'm extremely transient... while this board holds my attention for this moment, I can't guaruntee that it will later on...

My religious upbringing was that of well, none. Period... the first 13-14 years of my life were what I would call extremely agnostic... at some point X, I can't be bothered to remember, my parent's converted to being JWs... and I followed suit... for a time everything was coo, got dipped and everything, had priviledges persay and then I lost interest and stopped... nihilism kicked in... fun times, really.

so I've done my little homework or whatever and I checked out the sites with the "free-thought" dogmas over the years and whatnot... I say its dogma cuz these free-thoughts people speak of are just other peoples words thrown into their head... I find people finding freedom of thought in a book or on some webpage to be extremely ironic. but thats besides the point...

I'm mainly posting this because I just wanted to know, what is the point of this board? obviously the "apostafest" suggests that some, if not all of you are DF or DA or "shunned..." or whatever. so is that what this board is?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yes

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Welcome! I'd say the majority of us on the board are ex-JWs, either disfellowshipped, disassociated, or faded out. There are a few Witnesses who post here because they have doubts they are trying to resolve. Others post to aggravate and make themselves feel superior. Some posters have never been JWs but have friends/spouses/significant others who are/were/thinking about it, and they want information on the religion.

It's a very informative site since we have such a wide variety of backgrounds, and I hope you enjoy your time here. As for me, I'm a lifelong JW who started fading last year. Best decision I ever made, next to getting married to Big Tex. The kids were a good decision too. So were the basset hounds.

Nina

• Carmel
    Carmel

Dear ubby quit us,

The point of this board is as variable as the number of posters that come here. For some like myself, it is a form of repartee and exchange of pleasantries, for others just coming out, it is a vital life line that helps them to survive the anxiety and turmoil of leaving an intensive thought controlled environment. Many are leaving knowing that their friends and family will immediately brand them as apostates, shun them and deprive them of contact. We then become their electronic sarrugate and for a while fill in the void. Eventually the process of healing and reconstruction allows for them to become used to thinking for themselves and move on to a fuller life w/o elders telling them when to breath.

Hope you find some value in visiting and sharing. For the most part, we all gain from other's experiances.

cheers,

carmel of the DF'd class

• onacruse
    onacruse

Carmel, well said. This forum can (and it seems to me that for most people it does) provide a "safehouse" where the emotional support is almost overwhelming, questions can be explored and, usually sooner than later, new personal relationships developed. It most certainly has played out that way for me.

ubiq, welcome!

Craig

• heathen
    heathen

Ubiquitous --- I think you will find a wide range of things on this site . I wasn't jw myself but related to some who tried to convert me but alas I always had a freemind and cannot be subjected to the kind of tunnel vision that the WT tower imposes on it's followers. I'm willing to bet at some point in your life you have had encounters with cults so here is a good place to get the ho down on the WTBTS.

• gumby
    gumby
    I say its dogma cuz these free-thoughts people speak of are just other peoples words thrown into their head..

Yeah .....they are pretty much the same as people who believe in the bible for the same reasons you mentioned above.

Gumby

(LOL sixer *yes* )

• ubiquitous
    ubiquitous

meh. I kinda figured as much... and given I decided to go the opposite way and all, I hardly think this be the place for me and such...I guess I'll hang around until my interest fades.

• Xena
    Xena
    ok... first off I'd like to point out that I'm extremely transient... while this board holds my attention for this moment, I can't guaruntee that it will later on...

yea...that's what I said too....uummm about 2 years ago

welcome...enjoy the addiction..

• Special K
    Special K

Ubiquitous...

so you say you might just be passing through...

Well ... then.. welcome to the forum...

Thanks for your honesty.. and I hope you will post a few of your thoughts on different topics while you browse around.

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit