At what point would you lose your consciousness and reality?? (really being explored on TV shows now)

by Bad_Wolf 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Many recent shows and movies are showing and exploring people having their consciousness absorbed into digital form or transplanted to younger clone bodies to extend life.

Parts of our brain can be cut or damaged, but we are still us. Our bodies can be replaced with artificial limbs but we are still us. Our consciousness is still not fully understood by scientists.

I wonder what parts of our brain need to be preserved or could be replaced for our current state of awareness to remain vs something that looks and acts like you.

For example if a clone of you was made right now, or any digital copy, your mind is still in your current vessel. You would look at a clone of you like a twin looking at the other. Twins don't live and experience both realities, only their own. The other only looks like them. A digital copy of your mind would be like looking at a computer program, your mind will not be in your body and inside the computer at the same time.

If our consciousness is solely tied to the organic brain matter of our brain, then no matter what it will always be 'lights off' at some point? Or is our brain matter just a vessel to operate the body we are in, and it could possibly be transferred? Can this current brain live infinitely if there was an ability to transplant into younger bodies?

Curious where science will really take us in regards to our life. So far all movies and shows seem to me to be only copies, and the original person is truly dead, just a copy of them floating around.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

This has always been my complaint about dying and going into nonexistence and then resurrected. If we go into "Non existence", then the person is done, gone. So when resurrected they are a new creation with the software plugged back in. They say we would be alive in Jehovah's memory and he would recreate an exact copy. A copy is still a copy. The original is GONE. Resurrection always sounded stupid to me.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Someone been watching Bandersnatch????

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub
    They say we would be alive in Jehovah's memory

Apparently,Jehovah's memory is a scary thing to trust in! He forgot that he has promised, through his spokesman on earth, the FDS, the end of this system in 1975!

just saying!

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

I would lose consciousness if someone hit me hard on the head..

And would lose reality when a JDUB knocks on my door...

Peace

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Wasn't Dr. McCoy always concerned with the transporter on Star Trek? Same question. If he is disassembled and put back together, is it really him?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

When I go to sleep at night and wake up in the morning am I the same person that I was the night before ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit