What Is The Major Reason Jehovah’s Witnesses Exist?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    But why do Jehovah’s Witnesses continue as a religion that people will join?

Coca-Cola sells 2.5 billion cans of soda each year......people still buy this surgery drink that is bad for the human body.

Britney Spears has sold over 100 million records in her career....to me she has no talent but to some teenagers she gives the Beatles a run for their money.

In 2017, there were 120,053 Kingdom Halls in the world with 8,457,107 members who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses.Started in the 1870's with very few members it has grown to over 8 million.

Why does the religion continue?

It's the first and only religion they have only looked into

Most members born into the religion...most children will follow their parents religion

Clean cut members who wear suits and dresses....how they look make them appear more honest

Supposedly Bible- based....they carry the Bible and the religion is reading material based

It draws people who love prophecies and makes them different than other religion

Loss of health, job, death in family....life in a paradise earth sounds good when you are down and out

Faithful and Discreet Slave...they are the mouthpiece for God. If I follow their direction I will live in the new paradise earth

Laziness...people like to follow someone/something because they are too lazy to do their own research

• minimus
    minimus

Interesting comments! I think people join because they are in a bad place, searching for some meaning in life. And I agree, when you are live bombed during a bad time of life it may be the perfect storm.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I have an uncle who has a learning disability. He's 40+ years old and is completely happy knocking on doors, attending meetings, doing the mics, volunteering for attendance duty in every convention. If you met him you'd know right away that theres "something wrong with him" but he's a very nice, harmless man for all that.

He isnt bothered about a panda paradise or even fully aware what JWs actually believe. He's living his paradise right now. To him, his life is wonderful. Everyone knows him, everyone likes him, he lives in his little bungalow alone but visits others and recieves visitors.

If Watchtower collapsed he'd probably kill himself.

• Downtowner
    Downtowner

Same reason roaches, mosquitos, and wasps exists.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    What Is The Major Reason Jehovah’s Witnesses Exist?

Power over others. I'm quite positive that pretty much every single person in a position of leadership in that organization is a big fat nobody everywhere else.

• minimus
    minimus

Sctatcheme.... I agree that MOST elders are wannabes. But I do know some educated elders that have great jobs and are basically good men.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    minimus - "What is the major reason Jehovah’s Witnesses exist?"

The people or the Organization?

If it's the Org, it's to provide an ultra-conservative, authoritarian (and nominally Christian) organization that fosters religious supremacy, but nevertheless feels counter-cultural and contrarian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit