So what did the circuit overseers do during lockdown?

by ozziepost 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G’day all,

So reading that the dubs are going back to their Kingdumb Halls got me thinking, I guess they haven’t been getting their regular inspections from thier circuit overseers.

If they haven’t had their meetings, the inspectors couldn’t visit - or did they?

Anyone know? I’m intrigued. I wonder what the circuit inspectors were doing these past two years? Were they still getting paid by the Borg?

Anyone?

Cheers,

Ozzie 🍷

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Hi Fellow ozziepost.

Some have been doing random inspections of the halls.

Inspections of the congregants has been virtual and as decreed by the local elders,, i.e. If they do not like you you will be shit-canned.. etc etc

Yes still getting supported by the branch (hired cars and free rental in kingdom halls with adjoining units). Still submitting expense sheets to congs they virtually visit and still getting green handshakes from publishers that request their bank details.

Relatives are also 'supporting' them.

A few are thinking of retiring here in Oz.

Today In NSW they have been recommended to wear P2 masks when the in person meetings resume after April 1st.

By the way, some of the privileged co's living on KH premises have been doing the gardening and mowing the lawns.

jtg

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

CO visits, just like all other JW meetings, were done over "Zoom" videoconferencing. Meetings, meetings with elders, field service - all 100% over Zoom, with the CO operating from his CO apartment.

Yes they were still very much a paid clergy.

Actually, come to think of it, a lot of them were probably struggling more than usual - without KH meetings, no opportunities for "green handshakes". It would be quite a challenge to live on merely the WTS pittance and the small amount of "expenses" they could reasonably charge the congregations during their visits.

• surprised2bhere
    surprised2bhere

In UK quite a few CO couples found themselves to.be.having a baby so back to the reality of !ife for them!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't care anymore. I'll bet they were devising new ways to scrounge off the sheeple.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Today In NSW they have been recommended to wear P2 masks when the in person meetings resume after April 1st.

Good grief! Who dreamed that up? They just can’t help themselves can they? Making rules is in their DNA

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

I am very curious if my local Kingdom Hall will be open Sunday April 3rd. I might just go out there and have a look. The building is known for having mold issues since it was one of those 2 day builds and without a doubt corners were cut putting it together. Still for a Kingdom Hall it is a decent looking one.

• Biahi
    Biahi

They probably own stock in the company that makes those masks.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Ours was doing the zoom. Staying in. Instructions to not say hi if perchance you saw him out. Isolation!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Staying in. Instructions to not say hi if perchance you saw him out. Isolation

So what was he so afraid of? Why didn’t his god the borg protect him?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit