new guy random thoughts

by road to nowhere 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

It is quite a step to register, still in. Old family in, good marriage in. I dont know exactly how much to say and not let too much out to get caught.

Some thoughts on the committee stuff. Back in the old days I got involved and summoned by the presiding overseer and friends or whatever they were called. They were fair, concerned, handled the matter. This was the old 3 man setup they say did not working right. At least in this congregation it worked really well. I can't say the same for later committees I know about despite the men being appointed by a supposedly superior system. They are mostly kangaroo courts.

I was never appointed, now don't even want to read if my hours came up. And I want to scream every time someone worries about some teen not getting with the program. I think they understand the program quite enough. I don't know what to say to my kids or grandkids.

• waton
    waton

welcome! are you talking about your children?, they need friends, but not the program, they need education and critical thinking, wt program is starving them mentally thankfully. bible reading ad nauseum. be supportive!

• zeb
    zeb

Take your kids out for drive to some nice and/or entertaining location and don't mention the wt ever. Don't discuss 'field service' and don't use any kingdom-speak.

Lousy weather? have a night where you all play board games and keep the wt out of it same.

• amicabl
    amicabl

If you haven't already "build yourself up" with info from jwfacts and videos such as those put up by son of thunder and others. These have helped me and I continue to view some of these every day. It enables me to make casual non offensive comments to my still in wife.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Welcome RTN. Just take things nice and slow and be careful not to let those around you see that you are awakening. We all know how they will react and what the eventual outcome will be, if you do.

You can be encouraged by researching on this site and learning from other contributors. Wish you well.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Welcome, good you took the step to register because this forum sure is not a road to nowhere . No, it's a road to reason, advice, comfort, to vent and sometimes (if you want) a heated debate.

Try and search this forum...there are tons of similar experiences to find. Maybe you'll find some inspiration when and what to say to your kids/grandkids.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Welcome. I think that just being here could help you sort things out. No need to tell anyone anything. Use this time and space for yourself. It will be time well spent.

• Mum
    Mum

Are you a convert or "congenital/born-in?" Are most of your extended family JW's? The process of breaking away is probably much harder for those brought up as JW's and/or who are from JW families.

There are some good suggestions here. I recommend that you read some books, such as "Your Erroneous Zones" by Dr. Wayne Dyer, "Crisis of Conscience" by Raymond Franz, and "The Orwellian World of Jehovah's Witnesses" by Gary and Heather Botting. To understand the Botting book, you will need to have read "1984" by George Orwell.

Best wishes with doing whatever you need to do to have peace and contentment.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

You are on a journey. Part of you is likely saying you see dark stormy times ahead. Listen to it and prepare yourself. You are headed into a storm. But it shouldn't spell disaster for you. Plan your work and work your plan. Thousands have been in your shoes and come out the end the better for it. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. And its going to feel like you are being killed. But it is worth it. Do it. Don't delay.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

been lurking for 6 years or so first came on looking for KM and some things not available if you missed a meeting because the order was too small

4th generation not a lot of family

like a lot, I really wanted it to all be true but have been disappointed too many times

it bothers me to see how few paramedics, nurses, or anything other than convenience store attendants there are when compared to workmates and neighbors no ambition is allowed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit