Deleware child abuse case major implications

by poopie 29 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    I think the problem is the law was written for catholic church that has a cofessional of one sinner to one clergyman the problem is the confession is to many men then it's stored in a data base at cooperate headquarters an the cong who are also deleware residents are unprotected because it's not public knowledge after all he is a minor the law is different when it comes to minors.
  • Sugar Shane
    Sugar Shane

I'm surprised fisherman hasn't posted yet!

Any bets on when he'll pop up on the thread? I know he can't hold back much longer--probably about to blow a gasket.

• poopie
    poopie
    The state has a right to protect minors from abusers period. Records need to be supeone much like the Catholic being compelled to release records
  • poopie
    poopie
    Elders can plead 5th but state can get search warrant and size records in an investigation of crime that's why wt destroying records no paper trail no notes. New question can got siEze ele tonic files.
  • poopie
    poopie
    Key word contempt obstruction and civil rights.
  • Sugar Shane
    Sugar Shane
    The feds can read erased hard-drives...but, time is of the essence. They need to get a warrant and move in.
  • zeb
    zeb

For as long as I was associated the jw said they have "no clergy". Curious that with all these abuse cases now appearing out of the murk they cry clergy privilege.

Why was the 14 yo dfd? Given how they question victims it was probably out of some question he was coerced into answering.

I am reminded of the elders who in UK who asked a rape victim "how far apart were your legs when.."

This was on BBC 4 radio.

• jhine
    jhine
    Maybe l am being very simplistic here but if laws are passed that make even Catholic Priests have to report someone who has confessed to being a paedophile then surely people will simply stop confessing . I have no problem with the idea that anyone should have to report this crime but wouldn't it be counterproductive in practice ? Of course the situation in the WT is different to the Clergy / Penitent situation in the RC because they have NO clergy class . However most paedophiles probably only confess because they know that they won't be reported anyway . In the case of someone who has been abused then of course that should be reported unless the victim absolutely does not want that . ln the case of a victim " confessing " to a priest then surely that person does so knowing that it won't be reported . I asked my vicar about this and he said that if a conversation seems to be leading up to someone telling him that he/she has been abused he , the vicar , has to advise the person that the abuse will be reported, so giving the victim the option of privacy if preferred at that time . Not all victims are ready straight away to go public , so perhaps the WT could , no should adopt a similar procedure . . Is my thinking way off ?
    Jan
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Is it just me, or are elders looking stupider and stupider?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

poopie - "...it may change judicial comittees ..."

No, it won't.

The WTS is too proud to change their internal procedures, especially if doing so has been commanded by "Satan's World".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit