First Concert!!

by LDH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Just thought I would let you all know, my 13 y.o. is going (with my best friend) to the Summer Sanitarium concert tomorrow night in the S.F. Bay Area.

She's seeing Metallica, Linkin Park, and Limp Bizkit!!!!

How cool is that? Considering the fact that, when I was 13 I was specializing in door to door magazine sales, LOL.

Lisa

Kid loves music Class

(Hey Hillary, if you read this, she made the Drum Line!!!!!)

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I remember my first concert: OK, some of you Canadians (shut-up).....

.....I was living in Atlantic Canada.

I saw my first concert when I was 15, and it was Canada's own: APRIL WINE. Opening, was Tom Cochrane with Red Rider.

That was in 1978.

Long time ago......

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Good stuff, Lisa!

I went to a Good Charlotte concert recently, and was amazed to see preteen kids there. I didn't dare go to a rock concert until I was eighteen years old, and then it was a band that had been around for over twenty years.

Glad you're not raising your girl that way!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I went to my first gig when I was 16 - heavy metal. The heat, the decibels, the smell of sweat, leather, patchouli oil, even, wierdly enough, the smoke. *sigh* Good memories. I was with my boyfriend (future husband).

(Btw, Good Charlotte are cool :-) )

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Yep, I know what you mean. Going to a concert wasn't looked at very favorably esp back then.

My first concert was a Prince concert I was 15 yrs old. I've been a fan every since, Its hard to believe that he is now a Jw.

Your daughter dosen't know how lucky she is to be away from all the control.

P.S.

Did you get my PM?

• Patriot
    Patriot

Hi Lisa!!

Sorry to kind of highjack, but how are you? Last I read you sort of left the board. I really haven't had time to post much but I check in time to time.

Guess what? I'm relocating to CA.!! Maybe one day we'll cross paths.

Take care,

Mav.-

• Special K
    Special K

Hey razorblade

Was that the April Wine concert in Hfx.. when there was alot of trouble .. after with revellers int the streets and on the ferries....

Tell me that wasn't you????

Special K

• LDH
    LDH

OMG--Mav, hijack me anytime you want!!! If you are moving to CA we HAVE to cross paths!

MeCurious, no I didn't, please write!

Your daughter dosen't know how lucky she is to be away from all the control.

AMEN!!!

I love Good Charlotte too!

Looking back, I think my first concert was Gloria Estefan at Weedsport Speedway. I think everyone in the crowd was on Lithium or something because they were .

From there, it was all downhill. Whitesnake and Great White and so on. The band I most want to see right now is Ozomatli, although I could stand to see Linkin Park for sure.

Lisa

Jealous Mom Class

• LDH
    LDH

PS, Thanks, Euphemism.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Hey, welcome to the board, AnnOMaly!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit