• The Searcher
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes!

The caption reads:

"How did we not see things for what they really were earlier?!"

• Tallon
    Tallon

'Fooled me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I'm out of here' !

• Chook
    Chook

At first I wanted JWs to be right because then I wouldn't have to admit that I wasted 27 year to this cult. The ones who left before the internet I concider heroes due to the greater effort to find out about TTATT. But I'm just glad I've can relate with people on here who suffer the same emotional issues that come with the cult. We all know how the story goes on finding out about ttatt, at first we say to ourselves these must be isolated incidents then we realise it's a long history of religious bullshit disguised in a fashion that counterfeit money makers would be proud. Now I'm no longer a slave, I say amen to that.

• Ding
    Ding

I suppose the answer depends on how long and how deeply you were involved.

If you are the only one in your family in the organization and you only got drawn in a little way for a short time, it's a relief; you're grateful you found out so quickly and were able to cut your losses and move on.

On the end of the spectrum, if you invested most of your life in it and your family are all gung ho JWs, you can be devastated and feel all alone.

The latter situation may explain why so many won't even look at the evidence and go into denial about what is right in front of them.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I mention this before, it would be the same feeling if my mom and dad told me I was adopted after 40 years,

my brothers and sisters are not my brothers and sisters. We have no idea who your folks are, now go out and find out who you are.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Shockedscaredangrysadrelievedhopefulpragmaticbemused...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

My initial reaction: you can't take away my mumpsimu5!

• James Brown
    James Brown

I found out the truth about the truth in 1976 January.

I went to AA for 7 years to recover.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The same way I felt when my belief in Santa Claus came crashing down when my drunk uncle, who was Santa that year, fell into the Christmas tree...................OH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit