Would we exist if Adam and Eve didn't sin?

by truth doubter 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

There are a million variables that resulted in each of us becoming who we are, change any of them and you wouldn't be you, you might not exist at all, we are all just accidents really. There is even a term for the idea that minor changes can result in a chain of events that can cause big impacts, the Butterfly Effect.

I don't believe in Adam and Eve, but by mapping the human genome we know that humans carry some Neanderthal DNA. We may all have increased immunity from the Neanderthals, but also may have inherited some genetic defects. So the question could be, what would we be like if we had no Neanderthal DNA? Would we be better off or worse off? Maybe if we didn't have that Neanderthal DNA the Spanish Influenza of 1918 would have wiped out the entire population of the earth, not just a good chunk of it.

Impossible to say, but interesting to think about.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Rebel - "...How did Adan and Eve sin? The story is they were told not to eat fruit from a tree or they would die? They were given a choice. So they didn't disobay God. Instead they exercised a choice they were given by God. Therefore please explain what was the Sin?"

The "Sin" was not making the "choice" that God obviously wanted them to make.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

You know, all this talk about Star Trek and causality has got me thinking...

...I wonder if a lot of the die-hard JWs of the WT's "Golden Age" were so preoccupied with "Adamic Sin" because they thought if it hadn't happened, they'd have been "perfect" (as though the course of human history would have played out the same).

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Of course but then again Adam and Eve are figures in ancient mythology expressed in fiction.

That would be honest and accurate truth .

But as its know religion is an assembled agreement to lies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit