What was the point of the bunker video

by Crazyguy 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Village Idiot - Of course, it was Kevin! DAMN YOU TO HELL KEVIIINNN!!!!

• millie210
    millie210

Another bit of weirdness about the bunker video is the topic of conversation that takes place throughout the whole video.

You would think that if people were in that situation, they would be talking about what circumstances put them there. They would be frantic over friends and loved ones who were not there and if they were safe somewhere else. They would also be planning their next move...."what ifs" would be discussed.

But instead, they all talk about their various weak points they have been working on overcoming.

The pride of not wanting to take counsel? Seriously?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Answer = fear mongering like the WTS has been doing for decades.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

What was the point?

To get the rank and file ready for some serious ass kissing of the Governing Body before they get hauled off to prison.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

To encourage unflinching faith when facing persecution from secular authorities just like Daniel. Just look at the expression the elder makes as he faithfully stands in front of his service group when the police come through the door.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

I thought the same thing. What's the point of hiding in the first place if you get slaughtered anyhow.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

sparrowdown:

DAMN YOU TO HELL KEVIIINNN!!!!

Hell?! I'm putting in an apostasy alert on you.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Kevin seems to be the only smart one who stayed away while all the others got nicked.

smiddy

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

In speaking with some true believers after the RC, the fear worked. These are generally "balanced" JWs, active yet younger and do their own thing many times. However, they were all talking about how frightened they were at the prospect of having to be in a bunker (their words).

As much as I know this religion is BS and even watched some of the bunker videos here, I have to admit I got a knot in my stomach. It reminded me of dreams I had when I was a kid. Of course, now I think that Brother Brown (or whatever the service group overseers name was) would have handed out the Kool-Aid as the authorities were coming!

The ending was so weird. You would think that the police would have either overlooked the room or dropped dead when they entered. Seems like the JWs just made it easy on the cops. Why gather together if you aren't going to be protected?

• Island Man
    Island Man

The point of the bunker video was to associate Watchtower's man-made rules on things like not pursuing a music career, not associating with worldly people, etc with survival through the great tribulation. They're trying to make their rules seem more important for survival than they actually are. That way JWs are more afraid of breaking their rules.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit