Can someone help me

by stephanie61092 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215
    Seems like she's a casualty of the recent propaganda at this summer's convention.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I echo all of the previous comments.

Switch the "control" aspect by saying something brief like this:

"Hi ____, I want to assure you that as always, my unconditional friendship remains open to you."

Then leave it at that.

It shows that you DO NOT have the issue, but that she has been influenced and manipulated to conform her own natural desires for a friendship by an external cult-like entity.

• naazira
    naazira

I'd definitely reply to her message. Maybe just be cool and unfazed with her saying: "oh thanks for the heads up! I have also become very decisive and closer to Jehovah than I have ever been. Jehovah gives us so much hope for the future doesnt he? And I love you more take care!" 💝

This will show her that you arent the one with the problem, and that you are fine with losing contact.

• Darryl
    Darryl

I didn't go through and read all of the comments but my personal opinion is that it could very well be a very simple explanation. These social network sites can be very public unless you make changes to your settings. In other words I can look on your facebook page or your instagram account and see who your friends are or who you follow, It's possible that some do gooding busybody looked at this person's account and discovered that they were friends with/following you and asked some very tough questions. With all of the loyalty stuff they were fed at the convention there was really only one thing to do once confronted. Changing your privacy settings now would only look suspicious and they may have felt it wasn't worth taking the risk of also being on the outside looking in. Of course there's also a possibility that I'm way off base on this thing and 100 percent wrong.

• zeb
    zeb

"ask Jehovah for more faith".. this type of thinking, this sort of line has ever bugged me even from my earliest days where witnesses would talk of god like he was some material quantity "available now in one pint bottles!" type of thing. Its very superficial. Quite commercial sort of; you pays your doh you gets your show; and about as sincere.

Yes there is "massive wrong doing in ""Jehovahs organisation"" perhaps the need for HM the Queen to sign into being her Royal Commission into the way the Watchtower (and others) has reacted to the sexual abuse and violence toward its innocents, and, over 1000 cases of child abuse, confessed, and not reported to Police here in Australia and by extension "God" knows hm more the world over.

If you wish to maintain your friendship with said lady I wish you well and Tallon has it in one line. Others here have referred to the poisonous magma coming up at the current conventions and this must have had the desired effect on many.

Peace

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Tell her you will take the pins out of her doll if she is nice to you.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

You: Dear _____ I'm not quite sure how it is that you are able to evaluate the level of another persons faith or their relationship with our Creator or how you came to the conclusion that I am indecisive, nevertheless I do understand what has prompted you to suddenly cut me off in this cold and hurtful way. I hope our connection on Instagram etc hasn't caused you any difficulty in the congregation or otherwise.

I want you to know that although you may not realize it, even though we haven't been able to associate freely with one another as we used to, after all that I've been through, the small kindnesses you've shown me up to this point were the one thing that made it possible for me to consider the possibility that the love and forgiveness Jesus spoke about, might still be found among Jehovah's Witnesses.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hi Stephanie, your "friend" is being instructed by the org to make you feel guilty. Don't play their game and become their victim.

Tell her that the compulsion to obey the governing body regardless of what they say - not to mention that salvation is only available through their organization - seriously conflicts with what you've learned from your studies of the scriptures over the years. Make her examine what she's accepting as "truth." (1 John 4:1)

(Matthew 23:8-10) But you, do not you be called Rabbi, for one is your Teacher, and all of you are brothers.....Neither be called leaders, for your Leader is one, the Christ.

(John 10:27) My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. (not seven false Christs in Brooklyn)

(Acts 4:12) ....there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved." (not even JWdotORG!)

• jambon1
    jambon1

Dump the bitch.

Take control & move on.

• freddo
    freddo
    Answer her with "Sorry, who are you again?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit