Meat Loaf

by La Capra 13 Replies latest jw friends

• La Capra
    La Capra

My dad makes the most mouth watering meat loaf I've ever had. For some reason, I've really been into meat loaf these last few months. I'm sure this thread has nothing to do with the fact that I should be studying for my Criminal Procedure final on Monday. Shoshana

• garybuss
    garybuss

Good topic! Here in Dakota that's a colder weather treat.

I grind the lean beef round steak myself, no hamburger, and clean out the grinder with two peeled carrots and the carrots stay a part. Mild salsa, fresh sliced mushrooms and fresh diced tomatoes. Always add a few fennel seeds.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Meat Loaf is a decent singer too.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Actually, I'm not wild about Meat Loaf the singer.....but I do enjoy meat loaf the food. With mashed potato and corn/peas and or some steamed veggies.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I have experienced the worst and the best meatloaf my Mother made the worst she let it soak and congeal in all the oil OHMYGOD

But Thunder makes an AWESOME meatloaf I will have him post the recipe

• rocketman
    rocketman

Once summer is gone and the cooler weather settles in, I'll be eating it again. Right now, it's too warm, and it's steaks on the grill that have my attention.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i've never had meat loaf. and since i'm a vegan, i guess now i never will. what is it, exactly?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Tink,

Typically it is ground beef, sometimes with ground pork added, spices, breadcrumbs and an egg or two - then formed into a loaf and baked. Sort of a giant hamburger...

• little witch
    little witch

Meatloaf..

I can see paradise by the dashboard light.....

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

lol thanks nathan :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit