Bought A Digital Camera

by Undecided 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi All,

Well, after wanting a digital camera for a year or two I finally bought one. I couldn't afford it but in a weak moment while visiting Tiger Direct I said to my self, I'm going to die pretty soon anyway so why not enjoy this little luxury. I really like it. It's a Toshiba PDR-3300. It's got too many options to learn but it will be good for me to master it.

I just made a folder of mushrooms on my computer. It's rained almost daily for months here and there are 10 or so different kind of mushrooms in my yard. I got out an old tripod that I've had for 35 years and took pictures of the different kinds fungi growing in my yard. Some are beautiful colors.

Do any of you know of a good hosting site for pictures that doesn't cost too much? I don't like strike9 very well but can't complain since it's free for a very limited number of pictures.

Y'all have fun too!

Ken P.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I use www.freeyellow.com

I have a whole whack of things over there - just a minute I'll check something - 50 MB of space for free

• Special K
    Special K

I guess undecided... decided ... to buy a digital camera..

We're doing the same thing.. looking and wanting .. looking and wanting...

I must try that tactic next when I see a digital camera again (I'm going to die anyway so I just might as well have it now) Hehe..

Have fun with your new camera ,, Undecided and hope to see some pictures on here.. of something once you get it figured out.

Special K

• shamus
    shamus

I love my digital camera. I take allkinds of pictures and don't worry about it at all! Just delete them!

Of course, the quality is not there from standard film.....

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have been playing a lot with my digital camera

I belong to a couple of genealogy newsletter groups and this past week went grave robbing - well just grabbing pictures of old tombstones. Figured I better get out there and get them while I can. In an hour I took about 100 pictures. You can see them here http://leehardiman.freeyellow.com/genealogy/index.html should take you to the index page. Cemetaries are a great place for genealogical research - a lot of info on some of those stones. I love the digital - instant pics on the computer. I have four multimedia cards to store pictures on so when one card is full I just pop another into the camera and keep going Have fun learning how to use yours.

• teejay
    teejay

Have fun with your new toy, Ken. Digital cameras are waaay fun. I use mine for work so I got to write it off. -smile-

==========================

Lady Lee,

Interesting link. Just nosing around, on page 26 I found this:

John Bawlf
    died April 20 1899
    aged 52 years

also his wife

Johanna Faley
    died Feb 7 1895
    aged 45 years

and their children

Margaret Ann
    died March 8 1884
    John Stephen
    died March 24 1884
    aged 3 years
    John Edward
    died June 5 1898
    aged 22 years

Wonder why all the kids died before their dad did. Hmph.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

It was a hard life out here on the prairies. I noticed a lot of people died in the winter and suspect the harsh winter just did them all in. - flus pneumonias etc Many children died within the first couple of years

The other thing too is that some Catholic French Canadian families tended to have a lot of children. Many women got pregnant for the next before her body was really ready to have another baby. Many women died in childbirth and that didn't bode well for the infant.

It may be that in this family there were others who grew up and moved away from home and are therfore buried elsewhere - leaving just the children who died before leaving home to be buried with the parents

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Ken, try Bravenet Services <bravenet.com>. It's got free webmaster resources, tools and such....PLUS lotsa site-hosting links with pertinent info for you to peruse.

Frannie B

• Undecided
    Undecided

Thanks Lady Lee and Fannie for the site addresses. I'll give them a look.

Ken P.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I'd like to get me one of those someday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit