Ex-Elders Comments Invited For Another CD:

by Englishman 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

OK, Good People, another swipe at Brooklyn is afoot!

This is the plan. Remember the recently released CD's that covered much of the earlier WT material before it had been sanitised?

Well, the compiler of the said CD's has the idea of making available the contents of the "Pay attention" book to anyone who asks for it. Only with a difference!

The idea is that all ex-elders will have the opportunity to comment on the "Pay Attention" book, and these comments will appear either in the margins of the said book or as footnotes. These might be comments as to the workability of certain JC procedures, maybe some examples of what happened when the procedures were applied, anything at all that might be useful.

Then, the CD will be available for purchase at a low price with ALL of the profits going towards a certain invaluable resource site that most of us look at very frequently. We might even buy a copy or two for some of our existing elders as an early Christmas present! The low purchase price BTW, will also negate any ebay shennanigans that we have seen from some greedy persons.

So, Amazing, Jst2laws, Belmont, Little Toe et al, how about letting us know you're feelings about this, and do you think 5that you could add anything useful to such a CD?

Englishman.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

explain, expand please

• minimus
    minimus

Who's Belmont???.......Such an undertaking could be quite time consuming, no?

• Englishman
    Englishman
    ???.......Such an undertaking could be quite time consuming, no

No, not at all. Ex-elders would be free to comment on what they wanted to whatever degree they chose to do so. In some cases just a few lines would be all that was required.

The thing is that all ex-elders have a chance to make some comments from a position of personal experience.

Englishman.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well sounds a great idea to me -- as you know at CO meetings and CO/DO meetings at circuit level once per year and those KM schools and supplemenatray KM schools -- elders were asked to write extra notes in the margins -- such as the six things not to say on the forms when disfellowshipping etc.. -- such as never implicate the legal department and all good stuff like that

• Simon
    Simon

Good idea ... I think that would be very valuable and powerful !

I almost wish I'd been an elder now ... hopefully others can help and chip in though

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'd be more than happy to contribute - I think it's a great idea.

I also still have a copy of all my marginal notes, from when I was still assimilated.

Let me know what I can do, if you've already surmised some general guidelines.

• core
    core

Sounds great - just looked at my old PA book and the copious notes made and remember how many wondered WHY we had certain instructions/directiomns but were never told the reason, the why - we guessed usually - the reason was to protect the branch and HQ and *** the local elders.

• Satanus
    Satanus

An excellent idea. This will no doubt aid the 'world wide preaching work'. Tm

SS

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What a fascinating idea!

I'm with Simon - I kinda wish I... nahhhhh! Well, maybe for THIS.

Of course if the "marginal notes" are to have any significance at all, they would have to be presented pretty much exactly as they were written - certainly no additional commentary based on whatever your "current understanding" might be.

It will be interesting to see when the marginal notes support and when they go against the meaning of the printed instructions, won't it?

You guys can move mountains.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit