Signs of Toxic Personalities

by Simon 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Came across this and found it rather interesting:

http://facthacker.com/18-signs-of-toxic-people/

It's always good to be able to identify when we may be exhibiting some of these behaviors or, hopefully more likely, to spot the behaviors in others and help avoid the impact they can have. Sometimes it's hard to spot as their behavior develops slowly over time which makes it harder to identify some of the elements.

• Self absorbed and selfish
    • Constantly create drama
    • Always claim to be a victim
    • Drain your time and energy
    • Try to hurt anyone who disagrees
    • Like to manipulate others
  • Landy
    Landy

Mmmm...

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

This is very good once you get past the fact that it's written in American as opposed to English..

http://narcissistsupport.com/list-of-the-red-flag-videos-and-articles-in-order/

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

This is very good once you get past the fact that it's written in American as opposed to English

snugglebunny ...

Yes, American does not tend to use the word "bloody" in every paragraph and when having a discussion/debate we do not begin sentences with a deep-sounding "Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Rub a Dub

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

WHY you talkin' 'bout me like that?

• freddo
    freddo

@RubaDub

American English dictionaries don't have the words "gullible" or "humour" (as in sense of humour) in them.

• sparky1
    sparky1

SIGNS OF TOXIC PERSONALITIES

Exhibit A: Samuel Herd

Exhibit B: Gerrit Losch

Exhibit C: Deceased

Exhibit D: David Splane

Exhibit E: Anthony Morris III

Exhibit F: Mark Sanderson

Exhibit G: Geoffrey Jackson

Exhibit H: Steven Lett

• Nathan Natas
  • HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Quite a number of those in the org have these toxic personalities, no matter the age, gender, or personal background. Also, some who may not have come in with these traits, get sucked in via cliques, not wanting to be rejected/dejected by popular ones, etc. and end up manifesting these "qualities" later on, changing them for the worse and not the better.

!What I'm going to say may seem funny-odd: This definitely reminds me of HIDDLESWIFT [the PR relationship of British Actor Tom Hiddleston (Loki from Marvel movies "Thor" and "Avengers Assemble") and American Pop Singer Taylor Swift]. Tom, who is 35 years of age is conforming to the immature, indifferent and flighty ways of Taylor (who is age 26). In order to become more famous, especially in America's Hollywood, he has hooked up with her despite all of the drama that is occurring in her life for all of the world to see nowadays (i.e., feuds with other celebrities such as Kanye West, Kim Kardashian, Katy Perry, Demi Lovato, Michael J. Fox, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler and so forth. Even her past boyfriends: John Mayer, Jake Gylenhall, and the latest ex Calvin Harris are sick and tired of her).

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    American does not tend to use the word "bloody" in every paragraph and when having a discussion/debate we do not begin sentences with a deep-sounding "Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Heh. Bloody right!

But I am learning to say WOW whenever I'm impressed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit