Gossip

by Rattigan350 11 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

If you are a low hour publisher/miss meetings they will make something up about you to gossip about. Well, it actually becomes slander at that point but hey they’re elders how can they be wrong?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HOSER:

I was that ‘low hour publisher’. I came into the JW religion with a full time job which I refused to quit to appease older busybody hypocrites with cushy lives!!

I was also scrutinized because of figure and clothing. I tried to dress modestly. People like me ‘on the fringes of the congregation’ were targets of gossip. I had few friends..In my opinion, Witnesses who are born-in are at the heart of the gossip and perceive themselves as just a little bit better than other people there…To me, they were just mentally-stunted morons. I saw Stepford-type wives and men with a 1950s type mentality.

I am Retired and Out many years. I am thankful that I resisted gossip/shunning all those years ago. I have seen all the changes in the religion. The people who avoided me back then because I worked and didn’t ‘pioneer’ have reached retirement age.. I’m glad I’m not around them to hear appeals for money because I would have no pity for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit