Kendall Kingdom Hall UK

by darkspilver 10 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

All this talk of Kingdom Halls.... remember what used to happen?

Gilthwaiterigg Lane KENDAL LA9 6NT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y11F_PLAJEk

https://goo.gl/maps/jto9PjshbYH2

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

A nice home for a tiny little flock... such houses flash up if sister and brother dwarfs work together uncomprimisingly, willingly and well organised under the provision of talented construction dwarfs for the higher purpose of a heavenly reward....... looks nice .. but why dont the houses in G.B. have painted walls, painted large paradise images outside on the walls, wouldnt it be nice for children and attract one, it would be the only coloured house? Would be creative..only an idea.

Hey there I know its because of the Grey auld town! A little grey is fashion. Every house seems to be grey there and has some stones. I should visit this town next time I visit the Westmorland and taste the famous Mint Cake. Which dialect is spoken there?

And where will you dwarfs meet when you once cant afford the monthly taxes to the dwarf-society?

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I used to attend Carnforth KH many years ago.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hi snugglebunny

I used to attend Carnforth KH many years ago.

Best known for it's train station?.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTFrjVegj3M

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

LOL. I lived at Arnside, close by.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The old Brighton K/Hall was recently vacated. It was on the market with guide price in the region of £500K .

I see from the site eigproperty auctions that it sold on 20th Oct for £735K .Not bad considering that it was bought cheaply as sitting tenants , all the conversion works were done by volunteer labour , the society appropriated it from the cong and they are now banking three-quarters of a million quid..

https://www.eigpropertyauctions.co.uk/search/results

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I thought Kendal KH was on the High Street above one of the shops. Spent some great times up there visiting mates who lived there. Thankfully most are out 😊

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hi Pubsinger!

I thought Kendal KH was on the High Street above one of the shops. Spent some great times up there visiting mates who lived there. Thankfully most are out

Depends how OLD you are it appears Kendal kingdom hall was built in 2006

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

"quick builds" oh the memories, I walked off my last one and vowed never to return when I was a Dub, what an utter waste of everyone's time, terrible shoddy workmanship, a ridiculous over supply of labour, which results in most of the workforce hanging around not doing anything worthwhile at all, just getting in the way, causing hazards and health and safety breaches, thankfully the H&S is taken seriously these days and has brought these farces to resemble proper construction sites, a friend of mine who is a very skilled carpenter was working on The Surrey Assembly Hall on some partitioning when a group of young lads with hammers and bags of nails and with no carpentry experience at all came to join him and made an utter hash of his skilled excellent work, he picked up his tools and never returned, another brother on the same site was installing some pipework, after he completed the task the site manager told him not to bother testing his work! needless to say he never returned either.

• Tallon
    Tallon

My experience on a 'KH Quick Build'.

My profession is an Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner. Yes I know; I;ve heard all the jokes before and am considered, among certain 'professionals', as public enemy number one. However, someone has to do the job, even on JW building projects.

A few years back, I was a member of a safety team on regional KH Quick Build projects. I took my role seriously and applied my knowledge and experience of the construction industry accordingly. My team overseer often delegated to me to give the safety updates at the tea / lunch breaks.

On one occasion I reported back to the ‘Project Overseer’ an issue of serious concern which, unchecked, could have the potential to result in serious injury or worse to the volunteer(s). His reply; ‘We don't build like the world!'

For me, his response was the end of my involvement on KH Building Projects. In the project health & safety file was a copy of my professional registration. There was no way that I was going to put my registration at risk. So I withdrew it from the file, walked off the project, never to return.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit