Has the Governing Body EVER apologized for anything?

by Wild_Thing 26 Replies latest jw friends

• jp1692
    jp1692

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

It was such a missed opportunity to call him out. All he would have had to say is, "Can you provide some specific examples of what the Governing Body has apologized for in the past?" I would love to hear his answer.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    Back around 1980 the Awake had an article about flying an airplane, the non pilot writer got things all mixed up.

A pilot wrote in the correct pieces of the plane or instruments, which they published in the next issue and Awake apologized.

Both articles were deleted from the Bound Volume that year, like all errors that they catch.
  • Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Which article was it, regarding the plane? What content did the bound volume have to replace both articles? I wish to check my 1980 bound volume of the Awake!.

• sektenausstieg
    sektenausstieg

they are always right - so what do you ask for?

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

No. They feel no need to apologize to ANYONE because EVERYONE is below them.

They have no humility - it is not part of their DNA and NEVER will be.

Does anyone know any narcissists who have offered sincere apologies? I really would like to know. Any takers?

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

Long Hair Gal: I cannot see them admitting blame. They are too arrogant and it would detract from their know-it-all holy mystique.

Sadly true!

To this day, the GB has not disclosed the real reason for the Donation Arrangement change during the 1990s in a few developed countries (while it took up to 10 years for the rest of the poor world to get this experience), and the halting of food preparation in Convention Cafeterias.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit