Drug-Sniffing Dogs Getting Retired at Airports

by RubaDub 6 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I found this interesting in the news that dogs used to sniff for drugs at airports are being significantly cut back here in the US due to the increased legality of marijuana at the state level (though technically still illegal at the federal level) and passengers arriving from Canada. A large number of the dogs are being put into early retirement.

I learned that dogs can be trained to sniff for drugs but once they "learn" a smell, they cannot unlearn it. Basically, there is no difference to them between marijuana or cocaine or meth. It's either a yes or no in their noses.

So new dogs are being trained (at an estimated $25,000 a pop). Interesting.

Things we learn in life.

Rub a Dub

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Must be the same as me noticing pretty girls. Im just like the dog chasing cars; catch one and then what?

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

The future: A nation of doped up, pacifist, lazy, gender-confused morons who can't decide which bathroom to use, so they piss and shit out in the street. (Source: see videos of San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle)

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The future: A nation of doped up, pacifist, lazy, gender-confused morons who can't decide which bathroom to use, so they piss and shit out in the street.

WingC ...

Look at the bright side. At least they aren't 2nd Amendment skin-heads who will pull out a gun and shoot you.

Rub a Dub

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    A nation of doped up, pacifist, lazy, gender-confused morons who can't decide which bathroom to use, so they piss and shit out in the street

Hyperbolic nonsense as usual. I wonder if they said exactly the same when the country came out of prohibition -- i'm sure they did.

• careful
    careful

RubaDub, thanks for the interesting post. Maybe this is related to the old proverb, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks"?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Maybe this is related to the old proverb, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks"?

careful ...

Yes, and apparently you can't unlearn a dog any tricks.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit