Watchtower Rebranding

by Fred Franztone 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

I don't think they will go with JWs as an official moniker. Look at the renaming of the kingdom ministry, now it is the "Christian Life and Ministry" meeting. Going mainstream will require more of an emphasis on being Christians, so maybe they go with something like "Christian Witnesses of Jehovah," or something similar.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

My parents still call it the kingdom ministry, so they apparently aren't aware of the change and they're PIMI.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Thanks for sharing that information, Fred Franztone. Personally I don't have any interest or reaction to whatever they decide to do (other than maybe shutting down completely). I do know that it does help and interest others.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Spot on Fred. They will begin to charge for the online access, and that will be one huge revenue stream, since JW will be required to use this site for all the reading, etc. The contribution boxes won't go away either.

They will print for the third word countries where they get their growth figures from

As soon as HQ changed the stance on the internet, and began encouraging the JW website, placing publications there, it was obvious this was the path.

I still believe they will come out with their own net service provider that will be heavily censored. It would be the only way to physically restrict information, and still allow the net encouragement.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

As things get more and more internet oriented I look for them to begin doing what many newspapers have done already. A "click-bait " headline, and then when you try to read the article there is just a teaser paragraph that you can read and the rest of the article is gradually blurred out until it is unreadable...then the popup that prompts you to subscribe via your credit card to read anymore.

Of course that may be a money loser in the long run, as who in their right mind would pay for third grade level articles?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit