R.I.P Keith Emerson

by BluesBrother 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Keith Emerson , the virtuoso keyboard player of ELP has sadly passed.

Another good one gone

• talesin
    talesin
    BB, it's sad to hear. And it makes me realize, I am getting old. Remembering having an ELP album in my youth; ah, the craft! It reminds me of Eric Clapton's box set, entitled "Journeyman" - the journeymen of R&R are dying off. xx RIP Keith Emerson.
  • littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I hate to hear that! My favorite ELP song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47S-lRwoK7c

LRG

• flipper
    flipper

Oh my god ! Keith Emerson dead also ? WTF is happening to all of our rock legends ? Who the hell is next on the list ? Bowie, Glenn Frey, Keith Emerson , then who ?

I really enjoyed listening to Emerson, Lake, and Palmer as a teenager. I still have several of their CD's. Kind of a harder edge Moody Blues sound mixing classical, blues, and rock sounds together. They termed it " progressive " rock I believe at the time in the 1970's. I think the album " Works Volume 1 " was my favorite . Emerson was one hell of a keyboardist. One of the best in rock music - if not THE best . What a sad day. The music world has definitely lost an original talent for sure. RIP Keith you brightened my teenage years with your groups music

• flipper
    flipper
    In googling this death- it's stating that Emerson died of a self inflicted gunshot ! Looks like a suicide. So terribly sad. I'm interested to know what the back story is on this. This sucks horribly
  • JRK
    JRK

Very sad news! May he rest in peace.

JK

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Seems like 2016 is not a good year for the musicians I remember from my teenage-young adulthood years.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

RIP Keith

Loved your music esp 'Fanfare To A Common Man' a cover of the same-titled orchestral piece by Aaron Copland

This is from Wikipedia:

In September 2010, Emerson released a message stating: "During a routine medical examination, a colonoscopy revealed a rather dangerous polyp in my lower colon. It is the conclusion of the doctors here in London that I must undergo surgery immediately. Unfortunately, the timing of this urgent surgery does not allow me to start touring in early October because of the required period of hospitalization and recuperation. I must remain optimistic that all will turn out well".[21]

Emerson died on 10 March 2016 in Santa Monica, California of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.[22]

• finallysomepride
  • Finkelstein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit