New to site...let me intro myself

by LarryCope 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• LarryCope
    LarryCope

First, I've been out of the organization for 20 years this very year! I was baptized in 1979 and attended one of the Lancaster Ohio congregations. Realizing I was gay, I left and after being in the Columbus gay community for 6 months, decided bar hopping and cruising was not my cup o' tea.
    I decided to return in late '90 and was reinstated in '91. I was appointed as a Ministerial Servant and had the added privilege of giving Public Talks. Being gay was a non-issue as I was celibate. However, there is a saying that "you can't go home again".

I began questioning things. My service dropped and I was deleted eventually as a servant. I purchased a WEB-TV unit and began studying for meetings using the Biblegateway.com site plus the Kingdom Interlinear plus the Emphatic Diaglott plus the NWT. What I found out is that the New World Translation not only did not match other translations in texts but also the changed texts were used to springboard into doctrine. This practice is still being done today. Compare Micah 6:8 from the "Silver Sword" with earlier NWT texts and with other translations.

Eventually, in summation, I wrote a letter of resignation, sent it to the elder body and left. My judicial hearing was held over the phone and the elders at first didn't want to accept the letter claiming I had not signed the first. So, I resent it with my signature ala John Hancock.

I was aware when the "new light" of overlapping generations was introduced and even how the GB was now " The Faithful Slave". I merely chuckled. But, in the past couple years I've been in contact with a good friend and he has shared more in depth the changes. I can hardly believe it's the same organization! But, I'm a whole lot wiser now.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome to the Forum.

I have a gift for you. The life and times of a gay

Bethelite who attended to the Governing body members. It's funny and insightful.

https://jwpodcastshow.podbean.com/
  • LarryCope
    LarryCope

Thank you! The Bethelite has a real wit.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hi LarryCope, welcome to the forum.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Welcome to the forum Larry!

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Thanks for your story Larry and welome to this forum...it's my daily manna now.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Welcome to the group. Thank you for sharing.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Welcome LarryCope to this forum. Since my wife and I left the borg we now have several gay friends. We have learned so much from them. Biggest thing we have learned is they are just people. One dear friend of ours lost her wife to be on x-max day. I had the privilege to give the memorial talk. There was over 100 in attendance. I gave a UU sermon saying a prayer at the end. I will never forget that day. Thank-you for sharing your experience with us. Take care and have a great day. Still Totally ADD

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Hi LarryCope- welcome to this wonderful forum. Hope to hear more from you.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Welcome........and thanks for the introduction story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit