Another Crime By A Former JW Running Amok!

by dshields1 10 Replies latest jw friends

• dshields1
    dshields1

Just another example of the Watchtower mind control going haywire on someone who has been disfellowshipped. If they aren't killing themselves then they are killing others!

Doug

Tuesday May 8 10:21 PM ET
    Suspect in Alaskan School Stabbings Ignores Judge

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Reuters) - A man arrested for allegedly slashing the throats of four Anchorage children outside their school refused to answer a judge's questions at a court hearing on Tuesday, then urged onlookers to kill themselves and their children.

Jason Pritchard, 33, was arraigned in state Superior Court on four charges of attempted murder and four charges of first-degree assault.

He did not respond when addressed during his first court appearance after the attack, and court officers strapped him into his chair after he tried several times to stand up and walk away.

When he started shouting, they took him out of the room.

``Kill the young children. Kill yourself,'' he said as he was taken away. ``Kill the young children first, then kill yourself.''

Pritchard was arrested after an attack at Mountain View Elementary School before classes started Monday morning.

He is accused of attacking children who were in the playground and lining up for breakfast service offered to low-income families.

Four boys, 7 to 9 years old, received life-threatening stabs in the neck, the Anchorage Police Department said. They were sent to local hospitals and some were listed, at one point, in critical condition.

Pritchard was cornered in the school by teachers, and police using rubber bullets subdued him.

As of late Monday, two of the boys had been released from the hospital, one was listed in serious condition, and one was listed in fair condition, according to television reports.

Pritchard has a long history of psychiatric problems, according to the charging document filed by the state Department of Law.

He has a history of stalking and threatening children, with incidents reported in the Kenai Peninsula, according to the document. He also has a history of drunk and reckless driving, according to the document.

Pritchard has had religious delusions and tried to castrate himself to make himself more pure, according to the document.

He has argued repeatedly that children should be killed to protect them from sin.

According to the document, Pritchard had been a practicing member of the Jehovah's Witnesses but was excommunicated for visiting massage parlors.

• COMF
    COMF

I imagine the great majority of criminals have a religion of some sort. If we were to point at the Catholic church every time a mafia deal went down, we could paint it as incredibly corrupt; but would the Catholic church really be responsible?

I tend to shy away from this type of sensationalism. A crackpot is a crackpot regardless of his profession of faith.

COMF

• JanH
    JanH

True, COMF.

I have, however, two comments. First, JWs have been playing the game for so long, they simply deserve to see the shoe on the other foot, so to say.

Second, and more importantly, this wacko's idea that it will be best for the children if someone killed them now, before Armageddon, actually follows logically from standard JW doctrines. He has just taken it more seriously than the average JW. This is not unusual for psychos. Whether he would still want to kill children even if those doctrines did not exist, we cannot know.

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The DevilĀ“s Dictionary, 1911]

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    A crackpot is a crackpot regardless of his profession of faith.

I agree. And yet I have no sympathy for WT when they are limked with the crackpot actions of some of their members.

The WT would say that since the Catholic church places itself in the postition of representing God, it has the responsibility of giving correct moral guidance to it's followers. Yet look at the actions of it's followers, demonstrating how it's failed, thus showing it to be a false prophet, the great whore yada yada yada....

Hoist on their own petard.

Expatbrit

• Francois
    Francois

JanH has a very good point; the JWs have been painting members of other religions with the widest of brushes for a hundred years and deserve having it pointed out when their "reasoning" is carried to its logical conclusion.

Seems there's something in the news today about some crackpot killing students yesterday, or this morning, and I was already wondering if it was another JW on the loose.

That day-trader who shot up those offices in Atlanta last year was a JW. And there are hundreds of crimes perpetrated by JWs every month that go largely unreported - drowned out by the louder noise of greater crimes.

And the current controversey concerning JWs position protecting pederasts deserves to be shouted from the highest steeple.

I'm with Jan. It's time the foo was placed on the other shuut.

Francoise

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

And there is alot of crimes that go unreported by Ex-JWs too.

• Kent
    Kent

A sad story. You will find quite a lot about it on http://watchtower.observer.org - and a lot of other JW killlers as well!

Kent

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Hi Kent,

Have you commit any crimes lately?

• larc
    larc

The standard Witness answer to this is: he is not a Witness we threw him out. The sad thing is that they have no resources to help the mentally ill in their midst. There treatment of them is only likely to cause the mentally ill to get worse. The fancy was of saying this is: their culture and their treament methods exaserbate he problem.

• dshields1
    dshields1

Hi Fred,

I guess we can leave it up to you to make light of the sad consequences of life in the Watchtower. The wonderful thing about life is knowing that afterward there will be a judgement.

The fact is that while many of the uninformed might not realize it, ex Jehovah's Witnesses are merely carrying out the programming that has been pounded into their minds. Notice the following excerpt from a similar article:

"Authorities say that when police arrived at the school, teacher Jeff Harriman was standing between Pritchard and Hansell, who was lying on the floor bleeding. Harriman was using a student desk to keep Pritchard away from the boy.

"An officer helped the teacher and the boy flee the room. As the officers kept Pritchard at gunpoint, he was talking about sending ``his little brothers and sisters to Jehovah,'' according to the court documents."

Notice how well this fits in with the WT's own teachings about death and ressurection. He really thought he was going to help these children into paradise. While other people may commit crimes they usually don't have their religion as the root cause of doing so.

The Watchtower teaches us from a very early age that if we ever leave the org that we will be demonized, hooked on drugs, promiscuous, homosexual, <<insert whatever bad consequence you like here>> or even murderers. When JW's do leave it is almost a certainty that they will go off into these areas because they have been programmed by the good old WT to do so. This accomplishes a couple of things for the Watchtower.

1. It justifies the fact that the JW was disfellowshipped.
    2. It discourages anyone observing the behavior of the ex-JW from ever leaving the organization.
    3. Eventually the offending JW hits "rock bottom" and then comes crawling back to the org for forgiveness.

This is a common occurence and depression and suicide are usually the alternatives to coming back to the organization. Believe me I've been witness to a lot of that myself in my past twenty seven years as a JW.

This is not just my own observation either. This is borne out in the writings of both Steven Hassan and Margaret Singer (both experts on cults)that this type of programming does occur in many cults and not just the JW's. Notice that neither of these two authorities has any religious agenda.

Kind of makes you think doesn't it Fred? Or is that possible for people in the Watchtower?

Doug Shields

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit