Less magaiznes per year

by punkofnice 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Only 6 very thin magazines per year and then recycling the propaganda within.

How are your local congregations spinning this?

I heard a local congo-abongo-I is launching a campaign™ to place as amny magazines as possible in the month (this or next...not sure..sources sketchy). Which I find a bit strange. Isn't that what we were always supposed to do, without wasting the magazines needlessly. After all, they do cost money.

I wonder what cognitive dissonance has blown up because of this?

• alanv
    alanv

The ideal for the governing body is that as many people as possible get to read the magazines. However from their point of view they would much rather that was done electronically rather than having to produce costly paper magazines.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

alanv - This is true. I think I heard a local JW said that it's marvellous it's on-line because even in Africa, they can read the magazines on the net. I'm not sure this JW was really thinking about that comment.

I wonder how the JWs will spin this to make it about 'marvellous expansion™' and 'Jehovah's chariot™' on the move?

Obviously, they can't see the WBT$ is being stingey with money.

I wonder if there are stories about how the rank and file are spinning the lack of magazines?

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    How are your local congregations spinning this?

No ones cares pretty much. All are like why to print magazines if website can be used and videos can be shown.

JW Broadcasting videos have replaced the magazines and most JW's are fine with that.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Dreawyeather, so the R&F are using these vids to replace the rags? I've never been shown a vid, well I've not been called on in over 20 years, not that I would look at any of their vids, this vid presentation surely is a nonsense, how many people have the time to stand there and watch a vid via a iPad being shoved in their faces? we all knew how little the rags were ever read.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Dreary - No ones cares pretty much.

Sounds about right.

jook - this vid presentation surely is a nonsense, how many people have the time to stand there and watch a vid via a iPad being shoved in their faces?

This is what baffles me.

we all knew how little the rags were ever read.

This is true. We used to stop at a little hotel for a$$emb£ies where there was a pile of watchtowers and asleeps in the reception area. All untouched. All gathering dust.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    Dreawyeather, so the R&F are using these vids to replace the rags?

At least in India. Here, we don't get printed public edition magazines since 2016. Only study magazines. So only tracts, brochures and videos.

I've never been shown a vid, well I've not been called on in over 20 years, not that I would look at any of their vids

Maybe you are on a do not call list

how many people have the time to stand there and watch a vid via a iPad being shoved in their faces?

I don't know But people would likely prefer a 1 min video rather than a 32/16 page magazine

we all knew how little the rags were ever read.

Yes, even WT knows this, thus they are not printing it.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

What I want to know is - years ago - Reading all that literature was the MINIMUM we needed to survive the big A!

Years ago the Book Study was going to be our last and only link to keep safe during the GT!

The long meetings and long assemblies, the tons of books and magazines we had to digest was all - the BARE MINIMUM we needed to worship DOG and make it through the BIG A!!!!

So now everyone needs less?
    Did DOG downsize the big A?

• alanv
    alanv

ttdtt. To them it is no contradiction to totally change what was very important a few years ago. They always use the excuse that they are moving on as times change. The rank and file have learnt over the years that it is no problem at all to suddenly change something that was either doctrine, procedure or policy just a few years ago. That is the control Watchtower has over their minds.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Less ragazines? Whatever happened to the Awake!(tm) equivalent of a college education?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit