Should Social Media Silence Conservative Views?

by minimus 12 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I find it very disturbing that media outlets as well as Facebook, Instagram, Google and others decide that a point of view is not acceptable simply because they don’t share an opinion.

Is it their right? Perhaps it is at least right now but I think it’s very wrong. What’s your view??

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Freedom is a very fragile thing. Once people abandon commonly accepted methods of conflict resolution, there is no end to the domination of others. This is how they get away with it.

The truth is that Liberals control:

1. Teachers Unions

2. Universities

3. Big Tech

4. Labor Unions

5. The Deep State (FBI, CIA, NSA etc.)

6. Most of the News Media

7. Hollywood

That is a lot of our institutions that support our society. Conservatives, Police, Military & bible-believing churches are all that is left on the right. The Church will soon be labeled haters and subversives of the state for not performing same-sex marriages in their buildings.

Globalists want total domination and a huge reset of society. Of course they plan on being at the top of the new world order. Conservatism and the US Constitution will be relics of the past. It is ALL ABOUT CONTROL.

Then, population reduction begins. Don't think for a second that they will stay satisfied with JUST murdering babies and euthanizing the elderly.

• minimus
    minimus

Sea Breeze, scary but true.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

When describing WT methods to a Liberal in the UK, I was informed that WT is just like the Labour Party. It gags those who go off message.

WT's authority rests on dodgey maths. WT does not own numbers. Computers run on numbers - if you don't let the programmers add up, you wont get much in the way of updates. And no the computer does not program itself.

(Isaiah 40:15) . . .Look! The nations are as a drop from a bucket; and as the film of dust on the scales they have been accounted. . .

• minimus
    minimus

“ it gags those who go off message “... I like that!

• hoser
    hoser

Canada’s broadcaster CBC. The communist broadcasting corporation censors a lot of my comments. I don’t comment within the narrative. The liberal media is running the show.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

The liberal internationalists are drunk with power and they have deceived the whole earth. They know a serious threath to their power, especially in Europe, is not likely to happen anytime soon. People are brainwashed. In the class room, when they get home from work and place themselves in front of the tv house altar. Sofar they won.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

8: Many Church Members

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Privately or corporately owned forums can legally protect their domain from dialog that is deemed harmful to public good or simply to prevent legal liability. They can go further and even impose a value of civility. Its akin to your workplace rules that enable employers to impose standards of appearance and conduct up to a point. The internet has changed from simple information exchange to a largely anonymous ideological megaphone. As the internet has grown people shifted from discussion forums to echo chambers. The crowd has moved to the corners and lob insults and lies at each other. Media outlets are struggling with the reality that they are complicit if they make no effort to remove disinformation that threatens public health, endorses violence, seeks to subvert fair elections or promote racist hate (whoever is saying it), When jihadists post disinformation about Western nations or post slick recruitment videos we all concur they should be removed. When bots spread unfounded harmful slander to subvert national security, when dangerous stunts like poison Tide pod challenge videos are posted, etc. media platforms rightly respond with removal of the posting or closing accounts.

So to answer your question, : Should Social Media Silence Conservative Views?

It depends upon the view being spread by the conservative. If the conservative is discussing the relative importance of free trade as opposed to tariffs or is encouraging celibacy before marriage, or is arguing for the private ownership of guns, it is very unlikely to be silenced. Unfortunately what is sometimes presented as a "conservative view" is actually just plain old political lies, inciting violence or racism being spread by a conservative. I have seen the similar approach by posters identifying as liberal while retweeting or sharing disinformation. They have been flagged as well. One account I know was closed for repeat offenses.

• minimus
    minimus

I think liberal thought as well as conservative should be allowed equally in discussion . All types of legitimate news should be allowed. Fake news should not be presented but opinions should be allowed to be expressed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit