I showed my stepson a pbs youtube video for kids about logical fallacies and my wife found out

by SonoftheTrinity 8 Replies latest social family

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

She told him to never watch that video again, which of course is going to make him even more curious about it, which is exactly what I wanted to happen. I am giddier than a schoolgirl right now. Even the Watchtower propaganda says to be careful and respectful with questioning teens and middle-schoolers in the congregation, and she comes up and does the opposite. Even if she leaves me, I wonder how this is going to all play out. She just wants family Bible study to not involve difficult questions that are too hard for her pretty little secundary educated head. Well I have other plans! Bwahahaha!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Can you share a link to the video.

• breakfast of champions
  • SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

Yes, that's the video!

• Saename
    Saename

Logical fallacies are one of the most important things we learned in Grade 12 English... I wasn't expecting your wife's reaction.

But, if I may, during that Bible study you mentioned, ask her questions that would make her think critically―not that would make her feel embarrassed. We're not JWs. We're apostates. But we're apostates who preach the good news.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

PBS = PUBLIC BROADCASTING from SATAN.

Nature shows that mention EVOLUTION.

Shows about USING YOUR BRAIN TO THINK ABOUT THINGS.

Sesame Street features THE COUNT who is a BLOODSUCKING MATHEMATICIAN.

My mother would make me turn off PBS too when shows started talking about evolution; and when I was really young, she would turn off Sesame Street if "the Count" came on because he "drank blood."

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

Part of me wants to confront her about it, but that would be a betrayal of my stepson's trust.

• George One Time
    George One Time

g90 5/22 p. 12 Five Common Fallacies—Don’t Be Fooled by Them!

No problem, we have an Awake! article on the subject. Even when I still believed, when I read the article I concluded that we use the same fallacies to defend the "truth".

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

Yes but that was before they started discouraging higher education. It seems the faithful and discreet slave decided since there are already too many chiefs and not enough indians that the best policy is to keep it dumb. They wisely timed it to coincide with the rising cost of education in the United States so that the people would go along with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit