Are JWs preaching Paul's Gospel or something beyond Paul's Gospel?

by Vanderhoven7 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Paul's Gospel:

Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. 3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures I Cor. 15: 1-4

To the Galatians he writes

“I am amazed that you are so quickly turning away from the One who called you with Christ’s undeserved kindness to another sort of good news. 7 Not that there is another good news; but there are certain ones who are causing you trouble and wanting to distort the good news about the Christ. 8 However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond the good news we declared to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, I now say again, Whoever is declaring to you as good news something beyond what you accepted, let him be accursed.” Galatians1:6-9 NWT On-line Bible

• Are Witnesses preaching something beyond what Paul preached?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Said many times, Jesus preached about the good news of the kingdom of heavens. Paul preached about the good news of the christ- which was the way to the kingdom of the heavens!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Right on Nowwhat!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The Watchtower is proud to admit that they are preaching a gospel which is not the same and goes beyond what Paul preached and merrily adds stuff to the good news he preached.

"Note, however, that the message that Jesus said would be proclaimed in our day goes beyond what his followers preached in the first century.” Benefit From Theocratic Ministry School Education page 279:

"If God Has an Organization, What Is It? Let the honest-hearted person compare the kind of preaching of the gospel of the Kingdom done by the religious systems of Christendom during all the centuries with that done by Jehovah’s Witnesses since the end of World War I in 1918. They are not one and the same kind. That of Jehovah’s Witnesses is really “gospel,” or “good news,” as of God’s heavenly kingdom that was established by the enthronement of his Son Jesus Christ at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914. (Luke 21:24) WT 1981 5/1 pp.17-18

What Now Distinguishes the Good News to Be Preached?

...What vital thing has now been added to the good news of the kingdom of God that Jesus Christ and his zealous apostles used to preach nineteen hundred years ago? This, namely, the birth of God’s Messianic kingdom in the heavens at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914. And after the ensuing war in the invisible heavens and the ouster of Satan the Devil and his demons from heaven and down to earth, this announcement was sounded forth, to be added to the good news, as stated in Revelation 12:9-12: WT 67 12/15 pp. 758

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Prior to the Apostle Paul Christianity was more of a sect of Judaism. It seems Christians were still practicing Jews who added a bit of Gospel to their life. Jesus divinity was not taught until after Paul came on the seen.

I see Jehovah's Witnesses from the Rutherford days forward being the same. I often wondered why Jehovah's Witnesses seem to spend so much time in the Old Testament. There were whole District Conventions where 90% of the scriptures read from the platform were from obscure Old Testament books.

When I was a Witness I would often ask myself, "Are we even Christians?"

• waton
    waton
    often wondered why Jehovah's Witnesses seem to spend so much time in the Old Testament. tbk

Such as the current weekly treatment of David.

A war criminal that would be hanged beside Goering at Nuremberg. A collector of human skin surpassing Ilse Koch. A pervert having an exclusive taste fro other men's wives. A bandit leader using death threats to extort his payouts. making bad decision that needlessly killed tens of thousands on and on. declaring himself to be a man according to the deity's heart.

no clear speak in the congregations.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

It seems clear that the WTS goes far beyond the gospel Paul preached, not only in terms of content, but also requirements or criteria for salvation....the necessity of putting trust in men in New York for example.

And then of course there is the condition or requirement to associate with and be loyal to an organization with headquarters in New York.

"Come to Jehovah's organization for salvation." WT 11-15-81 p.213

"To receive everlasting life in the earthly paradise, we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it." WT 2-15-83 p.12

"Bible students...must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovah's organization is essential to their salvation." Our Kingdom Ministry, Nov, 1990

Those who do good things for Jesus' "brothers" because these anointed ones are his followers have the hope of surviving "the day of Jehovah."
    (Watchtower, September 15, 1997 p. 17)

"Yes! genuine Christians are now being gathered into a united brotherhood earth wide. Who are they? They are the Christian congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses..." (Watchtower, July 1, 1994 p. 7)

"The Scriptures strongly support the conclusion that at Armageddon Jehovah will destroy the peoples of the earth, saving only those who obey his commandments to stand by his organization." (Jehovah's Witnesses - Proclaimers of God's Kingdom, 1993, p. 170)

"We will be impelled to serve Jehovah loyally with his organization if we remember that there is nowhere else to go for life eternal."
    (Watchtower, November 15, 1992 p. 21 - "Serve Jehovah Loyally"

"Bible students need to get acquainted with the organization of the "one flock" Jesus spoke about at John 10:16. They must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovah's organization is essential to their salvation. (Rev. 7:9, 10, 15) Therefore, we should start directing our Bible students to the organization as soon as a Bible study is established." (Our Kingdom Ministry, November 1990 p. 1)

"You must be part of Jehovah's organization, doing God's will, in order to receive his blessing of eternal life." (You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth p.255)

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." (Watchtower, September 1, 1989 p. 19)

"In this way only lovers of God and of his family, his organization, will survive and enter into the cleansed earth that is to be transformed into a glorious Paradise." (Watchtower, December 15, 1982 p. 27 - Clothing Ourselves With Love and Wearing It)

"Know that all living at Armageddon will be baptized, either with fire for destruction with the wicked or with salvation for life with the theocratic organization." (Watchtower, June 1, 1952 p. 350)

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Vanderhoven7:

Excellent! Many thanks! I'll put scans to this and save it in a file folder for future reference.

Atlantis!

• waton
    waton
    Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." (Watchtower, September 1, 1989 p. 19) VH,

This premise has changed of course, wt's new light has it the anointed [generation] will not survive Armageddon, but be gone at the outset of the Great Tribulation, unlike the anointed of the first century generation, in the first fulfillment.

It wt can not even get the generation right, how do they dare promise survival?

The overlap is the final lapse. in the 100% failure record.

• LV101
    LV101

Thanks, Vanden.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit