Spare a thought for the nuisance callers

by Ultimate Axiom 7 Replies latest social current

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Up till now I have generally received (on average) one or two nuisance calls a day –sometimes more, sometimes none. Although retired, I was out of the house about 20% of the time, but now that I’m home 100% of the time, I haven’t received a single nuisance call since the lockdown. Is this just me, or is Covid19 having a sever impact of their incomes? How on earth are they going to survive? On the other hand, it must be saving a lot of elderly, naïve and gullible individuals from losing a lot of money.

• sir82
    sir82

The mortality rate of Covid-19 on widows of Nigerian princes who need help transferring money out of Lagos is near 100% I hear.

• Unclefester
    Unclefester

Since I sheltered.in place.I look forward.to.arguing with telemarketers, it breaks up the boredom lol

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I have noticed the same thing, and so has my dad. But we were getting about four to six calls a day, sometimes more.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I was noticing that I hadn't received any robocalls calls all last week and I mentioned it to my wife. Then I ordered something on line and within an hour I got one. I figured that this is further proof the the folks who we order things from, are selling our numbers to outside parties.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Can't say that I've experienced anything like that Pete Zahut, I thought those machines just chugged their way through every number in sequence, which is why even ex-directory people get them.

When a person actually calls, I often string them along – for no other reason than it stops them conning someone else. I once had a call from “Microsoft Sever” telling me my computer was sending them error messages and they would help me correct them. After about ten minutes of me acting dumb, the guy was getting a bit exasperated, and said in his strong Indian accent, “I just need you to turn on your computer and I will show you”, to which I replied, “OK, OK I’ll do it right now. But there’s one thing I don’t understand, my computer’s an Apple Mac and doesn’t have any Microsoft software on it” – I had barely finished the sentence when he hung up.

• LV101
    LV101

I normally get several but notice there's only a couple per day now -- keep the land lines' ringers turned 'off' but the caller ID is full of this junk. They've easy access to my cell nos. re/online shopping - if that's how they acquire numbers. Several calls come in from prison locations here. if you don't answer they just call from normal cell numbers. So annoying. Perhaps many of these prisoners will be released soon (like in other states) and they'll be able to solicit in person.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I used to get calls every day from low-life scumbags in India, pretending to be my telephone & internet provider or Microsoft. I won't say how, but I came up with a unique way to stop them calling me. Peace.

I conned the con-artists. That's my thought!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit