Stock market turmoil....

by mikeflood 14 Replies latest social current

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Dow Jones losing 1175 points today, equivalent to 4.60 % ..... same more or less around the world's stock exchanges. It's like president Bush said "Wall Street got drunk and now it's got a hangover". I think people went irrational over investing, a correction is needed.

• Jacobi
    Jacobi

Whenever the stock market fall I think about buying some, but then I worry it might fall even more and don't, and then I kick myself a year down the road when it is up 20% (as always seem to be the case).

But what do I know, I thought about buying bitcoin (or at least mine them) at some point, but then when I saw the price (7 whole dollars as I recall! Insane!) I thought they were insanely overprizedand didn't haha

• Poztate
    Poztate

Hannity has already blamed the sharp stock drop on Obama... What a surprise

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Didn`t the stock market have some big rises over the past few months/ year ? So this fall is really nothing more than a correction in the big scheme of things.

Nothing to see here or get overly excited about.

• atomant
    atomant

trump will get all the blame when the markets finally crash.We aint seen nothing yet.dyor.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

There was actually a much less nuanced explanation. There were auto-trade sell triggers set for when the market reached a certain threshold (I.e 26,000).

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

It's my fault. After all of these years as a JW, scraping by and not preparing for my future, I finally decided to invest for us in January into index funds in a Roth IRA so that we could retire someday and not have to eat dog food. My bad markets, I didn't mean to drag you down.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Surely this means the great tribulation is imminent!!

• steve2
    steve2

No way is this a stock market crash as seen a decade or so ago. It was expected sometime last year but instead kept rising.

All this fear-based hype sells papers and increases viewer ratings.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It is a sign of the times!

"They will be throwing their silver in the streets"... (some Isiah scripture or other I'm sure)

Here we go again, as religious fundamentalists latch on to this new "proof" of Jehovah's great day...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit