Former Poster (TMS) Returns During Coronavirus Lockdown

by ReinventedTwice 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ReinventedTwice
    ReinventedTwice

My old user account says I joined this forum 19 years ago, an intermittent poster starting 102 topics, the last about 12 years ago.

With my community under a volunteer stay-at-home policy and a mandatory curfew, I took the time to read all of my old posts and the replies, reminding me of how informative and therapeutic this forum was during my JW to ex-JW transition.

In 2018, my life took another turn with the death of my wife of 49-1/2 years after a long illness. My writing, according to observers, lost its edge and purpose.

I travelled to Asia, meeting a beautiful, intelligent woman in Cagayan de Oro, Philippines, 33 years my junior. This fall she immigrated to the U.S. on a fiancee' VISA and is awaiting her Adjustment of Status. We were married October 12, 2019.

This feels like a second reinvention as my JW life fades deeper into the background.

• oppostate
    oppostate

congratulations to the happy couple !

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Glad to hear you're turning your recent heartache around and are adjusting nicely to a new normal.

• ReinventedTwice
    ReinventedTwice

thanks oppostate and Pete Zahut. Much of my post was lost but it made little difference. Surviving the cult and taking control of life is the priority.

• Smiles
    Smiles

Welcome back RT

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

How does she keep her complexion beauty and figure while consuming those ? LOL

Life goes on my friend ,best wishes to both of you .

And thanks for dropping by. As another poster keeps telling us here ,success and happiness outside of the Borg heaps fiery coals on their head ,or some such thing.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am always here... Happy to read of your good fortune and the way you have made a Success of your life....Stay safe.

• ReinventedTwice
    ReinventedTwice

One important detail deleted from my post with the formatting of the picture was the encouragement received from posters Hillary_Step and Teejay to pursue writing. Based on that gentle push, I started a blog chronicling politics and government in extreme south Texas about ten years ago that garnered a large readership.

I want to thank those two gentlemen, "brothers," for noticing some redeeming characteristic from my otherwise failed life that could be developed.

• Masterji
    Masterji

You were one of the best.

• ReinventedTwice
    ReinventedTwice

Masterji. . thanks. . I took the liberty of going through your body of work. . . all serious stuff, well-written.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit