The Genesis account again proved WRONG

by opusdei1972 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• waton
    waton
    And of course "a worldwide flood" really only means a flood of the "populated world" of the land where the bible characters lived...ie a small part of the middle east area...

well if that is the case, why did the deity not asked Noah to move to higher ground.? Giraffes up Kilimanjaro? Pandas to higher bamboo forests?

Jesus endorsed the flood story, Jerusalem would have been subjected to 80 tons of pressure psi. per square inch. ouch. he said the GT will be worse.

No wonder the GB wants to go to higher heavenly ground before it all starts.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

". . . subjected to 80 tons of water pressure psi"

I did a little research (here) on water pressure because another poster (on another board) was certain that the pyramids survived the flood.

• waton
    waton
    another poster (on another board) was certain that the pyramids survived the flood.

Bc : of course they did. stone does not float, but what not floated was pressed.

they survived the crushing even the rushing. (rain falling @ 10 meters an hour. )

water pressure is easy, one of the tens of the Earth, I atmosphere = 10 meter of water. that would be true even on the flat earth that they believed in in palestine in those days. but

what Jesus said is that "this" generation would not pass away until the worst has occurred. or that it would happen during that generation. and the generation would then pass away.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Here are my 2 cents regarding the Noahs flood.

Only 8 people in Noahs family were good. All other people, all over the world were evil ? Ridiculous. This shows the geographical ignorance of the Bible writer

An angel of god, killed 184K Assyrians in one night. Given this power, why would that same god flood the entire world to kill the supposed evil people? It’s like flooding the home to kill the bugs.

All the species of the earth got into the ark? Doesn’t sound practical. There are millions of species –including mini bugs - and getting everything into the ark in pairs and maintaining them in a global flood is a mere fairy tale.

How about the food storage for all the species in the ark? Did Noah collect them too? Different animals eat different things. What about waste disposal? Only 8 people maintained them?

The bible says the ark floated above all the tall mountains of the earth. Then it should have floated above Mt Everest. In that height the air becomes thin, making it difficult to breathe, unless you have an Oxygen breathing mask. All the species survived that condition, got out and repopulated the earth?

The whole Noah story - as like most of the ridiculous stories in the bible – is an insult to any thinking person

• waton
    waton
    it should have floated above Mt Everest. In that height the air becomes thin,

EA: please correct that. when the waters lifted the ark, dung and all, it also lifted the atmosphere. with very nearly the same pressure at that new sea level.

It was the smell in the ark and of the floating bloated rotten corpses that was the problem, not the cold or lack of oxygen.
    Food was simple, all passengers on the ark were vegetarians, until the door opened. plenty of carrion around then. but, please no blood.

Abel bsw, offered carrion on his altar too. the dogs and lions would not touch it.

• waton
    waton
    An angel of god, killed 184K Assyrians in one night.

EA: that was easy, no travel involved, no insights.

at passover in Egypt, one angel traveled from Ethiopia to Cairo, identified all the sleeping firstborn, and killed them. including dogs cats and cows, wow.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I get a kick of some exjws who still hold on to the idea that the Bible is God's inspired word. These individuals are still holding on to the idea Jesus became King right after his resurrection and they continue to work meticulously on trying to figure out the meaning of the Gentile times, the last days, and etc.

I was raised in a jw household. But by the time I turned 16 I knew the bible was a book of fairy tales. Think about it, a book based on magical fruit, talking snakes and donkeys, invisible heavenly creatures that materialize fleshly bodies to rape beautiful women. It's a fairy tale book.

Any other book that had these things as a foundation would be considered demonic.

At age 16 I knew that;

There are approx. 9 million different types of species on the earth. Anyone with a little education on math can figure out that the ark was about 1.5 million cubic feet.

The bible says Noah was instructed by Jehovah or YHWH to take SEVEN pairs of clean animals into the ark and TWO pairs of unclean.

Do the Math----

About 40 MILLION ANIMALS that Noah had to squeeze into an ARK that was 1.5 million cubic feet.

IMPOSSIBLE;

https://allyouneedisbiology.wordpress.com/2018/05/20/biodiversity-species/

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

pistolpete

,Many ex jw`s simply use the Bible and JW`s belief in it to drive home a point .

It doesnt mean that they themselves believe it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit