Awake is back! India used in every illustration???

by JWTom 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Waton : I had a JWs friend who was a missionary in India. I recall him saying you had to be particularly discerning in who you witnessed to, as it didn’t take much for things to get physically out of hand.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Awake is back?

Bloody good show!

A major reason I am so £#cked up is because I began reading those £#cking bloody things from age eleven.

But of course, reading Awake is the equivalent of a university degree!

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Given WT is basically Theosophical, why not India? They could find another Buddha sorry, I meant World Teacher sorry, I meant Krishnamurti. That'd make 9 on the GB unless the new Brother Buddha encourages the other 8 to step down.

What really did it was the World Teacher Project.

“Blavatsky had stated in 1889 that the main purpose of establishing the Society was to prepare humanity for the future reception of a “torch-bearer of Truth”, an emissary of a hidden Spiritual Hierarchy that according to Theosophists guides the evolution of Humankind. This was repeated by Besant as early as 1896; Besant came to believe in the imminent appearance of the “emissary”, who was identified by Theosophists as the so-called World Teacher.”

Well, in 1909 they found him. As it turns out, what a coincidence, living just next door to Theosophy’s headquarters in India, was a 14 year old boy Leadbetter discovered who was this great Teacher, the next Jesus and Buddha. Jiddu Krishnamurti was put into care of Theosophists, his father being too poor to care for him well, and Annie started grooming him for his great future role and established The World Teacher Project to trumpet his Messiahood.

She also began the group The Star In The East, which would follow and spread his teachings. These became the new center of Theosophy alongside Blavatsky’s work.

It was too much for some and the final straw for others. Theosophy began cracking and splitting. The worst split came in 1912 when Rudolph Steiner decided he had enough, split from Theosophy and took over 90% of German Theosophists with him.

Theosophy Post Blavatsky: The Trouble With Messiahs | A Steampunk Opera (The Dolls Of New Albion) (wordpress.com)

These are interesting links too - Josh Groban

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS-j6DAyO3s
    https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/208291/whats-josh-groban

Also - this scare-mongering film plays right into WT's hand. It is called Awake and speaks of a time when humanity has lost the ability to sleep. But we all know the remedy. Attend a meeting. Long kip guaranteed (so long as you don't have any privileges to attend to - top tip - don't reach out).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fuowcxdrYc

• waton
    waton
    I had a JWs friend who was a missionary in India. I recall him saying you had to be particularly discerning in who you witnessed to, as it didn’t take much for things to get physically out of hand.

j134: true, that is particularly valid advise for the female missionaries. One of my relatives was raped in the h2h "work" there.

that is why the wt internet approach .is safer than actually slogging on the not too clean ground. '

wt Giving the prolific scammers on the sub continent a dose of their own medicine.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Maybe the computer repair people / "IRS " scammers are teaming up with Watchtower. Birds of the same feather, flock together.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Imagine preaching there, with all the human waste everywhere on the ground, yuck!🤮

• Overrated
    Overrated

Biahi- I wonder how many asskisser JW's will sign up to work where the need is greater. Someone has to walk in the shit to bring it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit