Correct usage referring to the organization?

by Vanderhoven7 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Which sentences are technically correct

1 The Watchtower keeps changing its doctrines.

2. The Watch Tower keeps changing its doctrines.

3. The Watchtower Society keeps changing its doctrines.

4. Watchtower keeps changing its doctrines.

5. Watch Tower keeps changing its doctrines.

6. The Society keeps changing its doctrines.

7. The Watchtower organization keeps changing its doctrines.

8. The Watch Tower organization keeps changing its doctrines.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

4 for me, others would do

1 sounds like the magazine alone

6 is out of date insider phraseology, only useful if you want to sound like an old fashioned JW who isn’t keeping up to date with terminology

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    6 is out of date insider phraseology, only useful if you want to sound like an old fashioned JW who isn’t keeping up to date with terminology

In the mid-1990s the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society officially made it known that Jehovah's Witnesses were to immediately cease referring to the WB&TS as a source of authority. In addition, the corporation "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses" was formed. All letterhead being sent out ceased having the WB&TS logo and began using CCoJW name.

• waton
    waton

none of the above, when it comes to doctrine, there is dis-organisation, even the shining light on past edition's cover was a cover up for mostly darkness, as we now know.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I thought Watchtower referred to the magazine of that name.

Watch Tower refers to the legal corporation as in Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society or Watch Tower Society of Britain.

So 1, 3, 4 and 7 I would say are incorrect as a magazine cannot change anything. The members of the corporation are the ones that make the changes and have them printed in the Watchtower magazine.

We used to use the term "The Society" many years ago.

George

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I think they have used capitols, small case, one word, two to cover all bases for copyright. There are lots of corporations

Mostly the in ones now say slave

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VANDERHOVEN7:

How about: “The ‘religion’ keeps changing its doctrines.” 🤣.

Even when I was ‘in’ I couldn’t keep up with how the JW religion wanted to be referred to. I vaguely remember when they dropped the term ‘society’ because I heard an older lady mention it. Maybe I was absent but were changes like this supposed to be announced at a meeting? I don’t seem to remember.

I almost got the sense at the time that people were embarrassed to talk about it. I guess changes in branding don’t make people feel confident.

I’m Out so long I suppose I have no interest what this charade calls itself.

• Overrated
    Overrated

How about The Dumbasses in NewYork. It fits perfectly.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thanks, this is helpful.

The Slave keeps changing his doctrines

The Slave keeps changing Watchtower doctrine.

The Slave keeps changing its' doctrines.

I think I'll stick with...Watchtower keeps changing it's doctrines.

They really get riled when I say Watchtower religion or the Watchtower gospel.

I really don't want to say CCoJW because that is an absolute misnomer.

And I seem to use of the term "Slave" only in a derogatory sense.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Van

Right. Slave only has a meaning for in ones, short for the faithful discreet slave class. Watchtower and Jehovah s witnesses are best under stood by the world.

The governing body and branch are mixed up by most. The ocho locos vs. the corporation that runs a particular country or region.

Hall (building) is often used to mean congregation ( a group that usually shares a hall).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit