The senseless ''non partakers'' Jesus Memorial

by RULES & REGULATIONS 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Des gens de différents pays assistent au MémorialMATTHEW 26: 18-20

18 He said: “Go into the city to So-and-so and say to him, ‘The Teacher says: “My appointed time is near; I will celebrate the Passover with my disciples at your home.19 So the disciples did as Jesus instructed them and prepared for the Passover.20 When evening came, he was reclining at the table with the 12 disciples.

Only Jesus and his 12 disciples were present at the Passover .If Jesus wanted observers, he would of had some sit down at his last meal and requested that they be present that day and future Passovers.

Why does the WTS feel that observers ( non partakers ) need to attend the yearly Memorial? Why can't the Elders have a Memorial with only members who (supposedly) are part of the 144,000?

Jesus didn't pass bread and wine around to non partakers. If the Watchtower Society follow every Bible passage to a tee, why have they disregarded this monumental instruction?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The ritual Jesus started, if he ever existed, and every ritual held thereafter never had persons present who we believers, but non-participants. Therefor Jehovah's Witnesses' Memorial is a new ritual that is based on Jesus' ritual, but not Jesus' ritual. It is a deviation and thus invalid.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Why go to a Dinner party where you can't eat? Makes no sense.

• Smiles
    Smiles

Class distinctions

Divide and conquer

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Jesus—The Way, the Truth, the Life

CHAPTER 117

On this same evening as the Passover meal, Jesus introduces an entirely new type of meal. He takes a loaf, says a prayer of thanks, breaks it, and gives it to his apostles to eat. He says:
    “This means my body, which is to be given in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” (Luke 22:19) The piece of bread is passed around, and the apostles eat of it.
    Now Jesus takes a cup of wine, says a prayer of thanks over it, and passes it to them. Each drinks from the cup, about which Jesus says: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood, which is to be poured out in your behalf.”​—Luke 22:20.
    Thus Jesus arranges for a memorial of his death that his followers are to hold each year on Nisan 14. It will call to mind what Jesus and his Father have done to enable men of faith to escape from the condemnation of sin and death. Even more so than did the Passover for the Jews, it highlights true liberation for believing mankind.

(I no longer believe in the Bible) but, If I'm not mistaken, Jesus did away with the old covenants. This new covenant did away with the old Nisan 14 covenant. Saying, '' It will call to mind what Jesus and his Father have done to enable men of faith to escape from the condemnation of sin and death'' is simply not true.

As Smiles posted: Divide and conquer

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Nissan ( not the car ) 14, the “Memorial” is the anniversary of Christ’s death and all JW’s celebrate that event together.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Nissan ( not the car ) 14

I think it is spelled: Nisan

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

JWs do not like John 6. They insist that the symbolism he uses here, "eating his flesh" and "drinking his blood," differs from that mentioned by Matthew and Paul. But in my mind, it's the same thing. In this instance he was addressing a great crowd, including Pharisees. At the end of the chapter, according to John's recollection, Jesus prophesied about Judas Iscariot, who would betray him, putting the chapter in context. In his Gospel, John did not refer to the memorial again.

Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.” Thus, the partaking of the memorial emblems is an identifying feature of true Christianity (cf. John 6:48-54 ESV). I think the above is bad news for those that do not partake.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    I think it is spelled: Nisan

Not the car.

• waton
    waton

not to be overlooked is the fact that the apostles, first recipients of the symbolic "flesh and blood" of John 6 . were only prospective anointed, had still an earthly hope, hope of an earthly Israelite kingdom ( read acts 1: 5,6,7.

all christians, even wt adherents, are prospective "sealed ones" of Rev.7, possible future "anointed", therefore following Jesus' action, all present should partake. "eat, drink all of you".

If wt makes a "reject the everlasting life offer" out of it,

do it privately at home. after all,

the last supper was a private exclusive affaire. so, follow Jesus' instructions. wt pressure notwithstanding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit