WOW - 18 Elders in ONE congregation!!!

by The Searcher 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chook
    Chook

The most dangerous congs are the ones with few elders, the power trip is beyond belief with some of these guys, no different from the crusades the clergy thought god was with them. The most dangerous men all throughout history have thought god was directing them.

• Mephis
    Mephis

They definitely all elders? Wasn't uncommon for Ministerial Servants to be listed as trustees too, but that may have changed over the years.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Something tells me the Sidebotham family are "strong" in this hall... either that or nepotism is rife. We had a similar thing in the congregation i grew up in. You were pretty much guaranteed an elder position if you belonged to a certain family.

• Chook
    Chook

Pale emporia, of my 27 years in the cult the rule not the exception was children of elders were chosen for the plum jobs, it was no different in Israel Solomon inherited a plum job, its all about connections. I seen it to many times.

• dozy
    dozy

Looks like there probably have been a few legacies that have swollen the funds. That's quite a well off area of Cheshire - stockbroker belt where a lot of footballers live. I used to know a few JWs in Altrincham & that was also a very wealthy congregation with a few millionaires & lots of expensive cars in the KH car park.

That is a lot of elders but we don't know their ages. My uncle is ( technically ) still an elder but well in his 90's & hardly ever goes to the meeting , let alone attending any elders meetings & there are 3 or 4 like that in his congregation. You might find there are only a dozen or so functioning elders & with the dearth of younger JWs "reaching out" they might have to do a lot of MS duties..

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    The Widdecombe congregation in Devon has amalgamated with the Trumpton congregation of Camberwick Green. Their elders are,
    Pugh, Pugh, Barney Mc Grew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb,

I think that Pugh and Pugh are identical twins..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6YE4PCRNwc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit