The Power Of An Indoctrinated People

by The Bethelite 7 Replies latest jw friends

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

Let's face it, thousands of people in one place together can be mesmerizing. Watching some of the videos for the Witnesses conventions this last week, from all over the world you get the sense of what total brain washing can do.

Happy people waving banners saying "See you in paradise."

A scene of two preteen brown children getting baptized as kingdom songs are being playing.

I remember the crowds going crazy when a new book came out or when all the lights come on at night around the platform area at the at the big international conventions like the one in New York in 1958. It reminded of the torch light parades in Nazi Germany.

As they say "A people together for one purpose!"

Scary stuff....indeed.

I remember the time when I was a part of all that. The feeling of "who can stop us now!"

I was so full of myself and assured of my future as a good Nazi Jehovah's Witness I would be loyal forever.

I would and did anything they told me to do.

Powerful and scary stuff for sure!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    the beffelite - I would and did anything they told me to do.

Most of us did. The ones of us that have moral fibre and 'thinking ability(tm)' left. Yes. We left the slaveholdery of that loveless corporation.

We were elated by our false inclusion into the bOrg. We were like those fans that say 'we played well at the last match.' Er....no you didn't, sheepleised fan. The over paid, crack addicts with over bloated egos won the game. Not the fan. The fan just watched the gormless airheads kick the ball about.

That whole 'being part of the crowd' is a funny thing. Be it a concert. A sports game. A beheading or worse...a JW convention.

It reminded of the torch light parades in Nazi Germany.

Yes. Me too.

I'm glad you escaped.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

In a crowd of thousands and yet feel so lonely n empty/odd one out/ugly duckling.

Zing

• waton
    waton

have been in Nazi crowds, there in NY 1958 too, the most scary

The one that could have spelled immediate disaster for life? A rioting protest, ready to throw bricks at armed government forces. 17. June . We were ready to tear human beings apart. In a crowd, one becomes part of a super identity, an animal. Never again, but think of the protests right now--so,

A love-in must be different. it never fails, it covers a multitude of sins, but does not erase them.

• LV101
    LV101

WOW re/the comments - this page should be a billboard! If only JWs could read and screetch at the same time - would be good anti-serum for them. Brutally honest comments like these should be opening page but guess they'd scare the teachable ones away.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I would and did anything they told me to do.

Of course we would. They were the "mouthpiece" of Almighty God!

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

While in a convention we feel like "Hey so many beleive this and so it should be true".

Thats a simple but very effective brainwash technique.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Jonestown Lite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit