LGBT, trans, etc. - Be warned!

by The Fall Guy 13 Replies latest social current

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

“In one tweet Mr Miller wrote: "I was assigned mammal at birth, but my orientation is fish. Don't mis-species me." This tweet was among several others which were reported to Humberside Police as being allegedly transphobic.” https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-51501202

Any minority group who bring such cases because they have been "offended" by a comment or a joke about their precious "alternate" lifestyle, should take a few steps back and admit what they are really demanding - a total ban on everyone's freedom of speech, except their's! You're stirring up a hornet's nest for yourselves by demanding laws & rights which the majority of society do not have.

You've already gained a helluva lot. Everyone else is subject to humour, sarcasm, etc. Why should you be any different?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Harry Miller appeared on Triggernometry for a full hour. He's basically an ex-copper who values freedom of speech.

Here's his appearance on Triggernometry, fascinating viewing ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUuZMyqhUUk

• cofty
    cofty

Scotland is proposing to make thought-crimes illegal.

Two potential Labour leaders would follow suit.

Stupid ideologues who were revolting Marxist/pomo students in the 60s are now in power.

• Simon
    Simon

Do these groups actually think they will keep or increase public support with these crazy over-reaches? Especially when an authoritarian police force try to bully people into adhering to their nonsense instead of doing the work they are actually paid to do.

Most people are tolerant, but that tolerance will evaporate if they become a bully minority.

There remain only two genders, a tiny minority of people who have abnormalities who may be helped with surgery (or have been caused by the wrong surgery) and a more sizeable minority who suffer from mental health problems.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Just as an aside, I posted a comment on facebook recently that basically said:

'Actually, some women want to keep their safe spaces free of biological males. This is an issue that needs to be discussed.'

I got some interesting discussions with two or three people, but one guy (who claimed to be a lecturer on Statistics) was shitposting, taking the p*ss out of me, etc.

I called him out on his childish comments. He ended up threatening and then claiming to have doxed me and sent emails to my old uni. He also called me a 'p*ssant TERF c*nt'. I hadn't actually mentioned transgender people at all up till that point.

Also, I'm not actually a TERF or even a feminist! XD

I guess he was annoyed because I kept saying 'biological males'.

He hit the roof after I responded to his comment: 'I don't tolerate TERF c*nts' (i.e. me), because I responded by saying 'sorry, you have to tolerate me because I've done nothing illegal'. XD

I pointed out to him that I'd actually said a number of times that society should be able to accommodate intersex people AND still have female-only spaces for those women who want them but, like I said, he went nuts.

Just goes to show there are real extremists out there ...

PS - I recognised a name who went through a lot of my comments in that discussion because this person liked a lot of them. I think it was an administrator from Bolton Uni.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Re talking to the police in the first instance: I'm a bit surprised Mr. Miller never informed the police that he did not wish to discuss the matter with them!

Pass the hot potato back to them by refusing to participate in their grilling, and then see if the police actually want to waste more time & resources on an intolerant and vindictive complaint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE&list=FLS4asBqytNSfhteidOzIJ3A&index=28&t=1s

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Re talking to the police in the first instance: I'm a bit surprised Mr. Miller never informed the police that he did not wish to discuss the matter with them - the police asked him to appear for a 'voluntary chat'.

The usual tactic by the police if someone refuses the voluntary chat (which people can legally do) is for the police then to go through the person of interest's affairs and try to pin anything illegal on that person. If they find nothing illegal, they'll watch that person until he breaks the law.

It's disgusting behaviour from the police - they should be solving actual crimes.

'Checking people's thinking' goes beyond their remit. People are free to think whatever the hell they like.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

@ LUHE - I would never act Bolshy with the police. I'd just politely but firmly affirm my legal rights by stating that I did not wish to discuss the matter with them - exactly how I would respond to JW elders who just wanted to "have a chat."

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'd just politely but firmly affirm my legal rights by stating that I did not wish to discuss the matter with them - I get where you're coming from. Some people do exactly that and that's fine.

But the police would then check your business, check your tax payments, check for anything illegal ... watch you to see if you break the law in any way ...

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good news - the High Court found that Harry Miller's 'transphobic' tweets were lawful and that the police interfered with his right to freedom of expression.

Hopefully this will mark some kind of turning point and return to common sense ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9pBuE8KnXs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit