God Cannot Lie, But God's Organization Can?

by AmABeliever 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

It's only a lie if it causes one of God's people harm. Telling a lie to someone that doesn't deserve the truth - isn't a lie and is commended.

Yep, that's what they teach.

Here is the current definition in the Insight book ("Current" because, in the digital age, they can, and have, rewritten entries in the "Insight" book and elsewhere. They can, and will, do so again at any time):

LIE The opposite of truth. Lying generally involves saying something false to a person who is entitled to know the truth and doing so with the intent to deceive or to injure him or another person.

So, who, exactly, is "entitled to know the truth"?

Whoever the WTS says!

Pretty convenient, eh?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

Another big lie is telling the R+F that they've consistently taught that Jesus returned in 1914.

"The Watchtower has consistently presented evidence to honest hearted students of Bible prophecy that Jesus’ presence in heavenly Kingdom power began in 1914. Events since that year testify to Jesus' invisible presence." Watchtower 1993 Jan 15 p.5

....when the fact is...they used to teach Jesus returned in 1874!....and only discarded that "truth" as late as 1943.

"In the year 1943 the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society published the book "The Truth Shall Make You Free." This moved forward the end of six thousand years of man's existence into the decade of the 1970's. Naturally this did away with the year 1874 C.E. as the date of return of the Lord Jesus Christ and the beginning of his invisible presence or parousia. Page 324 of the above book positively says: "The King's presence or parousia began in 1914."" God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached p.209

All you lurkers.....go check the books for yourself.....and see who are the liars....."apostates" or "God's spokespeople".....aka a bunch of fargin lying sneaky bastages.

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

Btw....It's hilarious the way they state "naturally this did away with the year 1874" as if it's no biggie.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good point Hanged Man
    the WTS self promotes devious lying to its followers when its appropriate and advantageous.

I guess it has to sustain the organization and the incoming financial support.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Now remember brothers and sisters we should take head and stay loyal to the FDSL even though out going instructions might not make sense, we are still god's chosen ones, so to remain loyal to us means your remaining loyal to Jehovah.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, and GWJ saying before the ARC that the idea that God only speaks thru the GB would be presumptuous.

A good follow up question would have been

So are you saying that God has multiple channels of communication?

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

The more I'm learning about wts the more it makes me feel sick and it makes me want to help free as many as possible from the societies grasp. I can't stand liars

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

Yes, as Vanderhoven said above, the lies said during the Australian Royal Commission were mind-blowing!

I know many of the brothers who were on the stand from Bethel, and their lies really stood out! Especially the lie said by Vincent Toole "I've never heard of the term 'Theocratic Warfare'"! HE gave a freaking talk on that very subject when I was in Bethel at the same time as him!

The irony is that he thinks he was using "theocratic warfare" to deny the existence of 'theocratic warfare"! I bet he and his cohorts laughed their asses off back at Bethel thinking they were so clever!

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

It truly is like losing a loved one when you see the lies and corruption within the society that you once so strongly believed in. I'm past the mourning phase now i think and I'm now on to the anger phase.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit