WATCH: What Happened to The Watchtower?

by pleaseresearch 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

Nice little video, just under 2 minutes. From Real estate news, looking at what they will do with the old Brooklyn HQ

https://therealdeal.com/2019/10/14/watch-what-happened-to-the-watchtower/

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Very interesting.

Thanks.

Rub a Dub

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What happened to the Watchtower Corporation ( Publishing House) ?

It got extremely rich $$$ , it sold off all of its real estate holdings in Brooklyn New York for close to 2 billion US .

It sold many of its branches around the world for hundreds of millions more.

The top GB leaders of the JWs have made themselves kings with a whole lot of money and power, all cultivated by exploiting people's ignorance and fears.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Thanks. Interesting, but sad. Those buildings were my mecca when I was a believer and thought I was going to live forever in paradise and see all the world's problems resolved.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PLEASERESEARCH:

Interesting. I hope somebody puts this property to good use.

MAGNUM:

Who would have ever thought the JW religion would end up getting rid of these properties?..I visited twice..I’m sure a lot of JWs considered this a “Mecca” as well. When the disillusionment about the JW religion happened to me I had such contempt - all their books, literature etc. was discarded or torn to shreds.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

"The perception of the community was that it was a very inward facing complex"

They got that right....keep out....you are all doomed and we want no part of you (unless you have something we need...then we'll be very charming and cordial )

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And they still want there children to donate their ice cream money to the world wide preaching work

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit