Beyond the Watchtower

by BereanThinker7 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BereanThinker7
    BereanThinker7

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203474749415

Im a watchtower/bible students history nerd. I find the movement that engulfed my entire family fascinating. So while I was looking for old literature I came across the book "Beyond the Watchtower" by Joseph and Elizabeth Taze Malik.

Any body have any info on them or this particular book? I never heard of it and don't know if its the typical story of witnesses who woke up or if they were anyone out of ordinary due to the high asking price of the book?

The unique author names give me an inkling that they may have been of the ilk, that some are, when they leave the Jws and start thinking they are prophets themselves.

• waton
    waton
    unique author names give me an inkling that they may have been of the ilk, that some are, when they leave the Jws and start thinking they are prophets

BT: that is a syndrome, not unique to ex jws. Kepler, Newton and even Einstein deep down believed, that they had, through their work, some kind of profound personal connection to the creator.

Malik sounds similar to Tesla.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

It says it is from 1982. I've never heard of it before, so I am likewise a little curious.

• TD
    TD

Joseph Malik actually participated here and on Channel C way back when. (He passed away about eleven years ago)

He was an interesting person. Like you have guessed, he believed his studies had given him a superior insight into the Bible, but he was also a very clear thinker in other respects.

His untangling of the convoluted Passover timeline of JW's which results in them celebrating Memorial on the evening of the 13th/14th instead of the evening of the 14th/15th is pretty accurate IMHO

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/users/3649/JosephMalik

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I vaguely seem to remember a Bro. Malik circuit overseer in the 70's Texas area. Anyone else remember him?

I wonder if its the same person?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Joseph sent me a long Paper on his ideas entitled " Beyond the Trinity" , that was interesting to me, to see his reasoning, though personally I was Beyond Belief by that time.

He was a clear thinker. His prose was a little strange, I wonder if his first language was not English ? But it was very readable.

If I can track down the Book I would be interested to read it, as again, Joseph's thought processes about leaving the WT will interest me.

• BereanThinker7
    BereanThinker7
    Thanks for the responses all.

and Phizzy, if you happen to have it in pdf form, perhaps give a link so we can all read it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I only have it in the form of good old fashioned Paper, and at present it is in Storage with a lot of my old stuff. When I can retrieve it I may be able to get it on here.

It is a good few years since I read it, and from memory it is pretty deep theological stuff, but I found it interesting, so will put it up on here when possible.

• TD
    TD

<Link deleted because Zippyshare is a sketchy, malware invested cesspool>

I'll try again

• TD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit