If shunning were no longer a JW policy, how many would leave the Org?

by HiddenPimo 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo
    1. 10%
    2. 25%
    3. 33%
    4. 50%

Additionally - If this shunning rule was removed and everyone was made aware of the dirty secrets of the org.

(e.g. CSA-ARC / UN Membership / Malawi - Mexico contrast / etc.)

Would those leaving be higher?

• fulano
    fulano

More threads on the same topic?

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001
    I feel that even if the Watchtower ceased today, and the JWs were no longer a religion, a large number of them would still shun their fellow humans. I've seen this with former witnesses who actually was shunning other former JWs.
  • ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
  • Giordano
    Giordano
    If this shunning rule was removed and everyone was made aware of the dirty secrets of the org. ..........

Ok that's two different issues.

Anyone with access to the internet can read about the Orgs dirty secrets. Their pedophile issue has started to impact the Society.

The internet has been kicking the Society in the ass on a number of levels.

If there's no longer any shunning I'd say maybe 33% would drop out immediately. Most stay in to be with family and avoid being shunned and to enjoy a social life.

The dirty secrets of the org are already out there however if one could discuss them openly without being shunned another 10% might throw in the towel and leave.

67% of JW born-ins according to the Pew survey are leaving and not identifying as a JW.

Since the Society is dependent on children getting baptized it it is going to be a slow but sure death.

The Mormons used to have a 90% retention rate with their born-ins once again the internet has revealed the true history of the Mormons, now they lose 30 to 35%.

An aging population in a fair number of Christian churches is also contributing to the failure of churches.......... especially in rural areas.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Giordano - "The internet has been kicking the Society in the ass on a number of levels."

The internet has been kicking the Society in the ass on all the levels. :smirk:

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am "inactive." Rules change all the time. Shun, don't shun. I would be concerned that the decision next year is to shun those that they said not to shun. So I wouldn't just go DA myself.

They have too much to lose if people who woke up freely discuss this with people who did not wake up. I don't see such a thing happening. If anything, they will make more hard rules to shun inactive ones eventually.

• FaithNoMore75
    FaithNoMore75

I think they would retain more members if not for the shunning policy. Either way, it's not for me. There's way too many other do's and don'ts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit